Youth Development Phase Coach
We are seeking an academy coach, who can plan and deliver enjoyable challenging sessions. To join our workforce and to help develop our academy players in the Under 12 and Under 13 age groups. The successful candidate will join Cheltenham Town Academy and work alongside our strong and passionate coaching team.
Here at Cheltenham Town Academy, we are committed to having a modern and inclusive environment and encourage equal opportunities and continuously seeking to improve diversity to have more representation within the professional game.
CTFC adopts a Safer Recruitment Policy. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people vulnerable adults. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you meet the qualification criteria and feel you have the relevant experience and evidence to meet the job description and person specification, please send your CV and Cover Letter to by email@example.com 17:00, Sunday 3rd October.
Responsible to Head of Coaching and phase lead Coach
Build Relationships with Internal: Academy Manager, Lead Phase Coaches, Coaches, Heads of Department, Players and Parents
External: Opposition staff, FA, FAYCD, and PFA.
Salary: Competitive and based on knowledge and experience
Places of Work
• Cheltenham Town FC Training Ground, Cheltenham, GL51 9RX
• Hartpury College, Gloucester, GL19 3BE
• Winchcombe School, Greet Road, Winchcombe, Cheltenham, GL54 5LB
• Tewkesbury School, Ashchurch Road, Tewkesbury, GL20 8DF
• Leisure@, Tommy Taylors Ln, Cheltenham GL50 4RN
• Seasonal Coach (Monday (Evening) , Wednesday (Evening) , Sunday)
• Coach a minimum of 2 midweek evening training sessions
• Manage home or away Sunday fixtures.
• Additional sessions maybe required.
Regular travel to fixtures, meetings and other events in conjunction
Overall purpose of the job
Support the Lead Phase Coach with football and holistic development of the players within the phase. Responsible for the planning and implementation of individual learning plans in line with club coaching and playing philosophy.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Coaching Curriculum and Coaching Philosophy
Ensure the academy’s coaching curriculum is consistently delivered in line with the academy’s coaching philosophy:
• Plan and deliver every coaching session consider the four corners.
• When planning consider your assistant coach’s role in the session (co coaching).
• Adhere to training protocol.
Ensure the academy’s coaching curriculum is consistently delivered in line with the academy’s playing philosophy:
• Ensure you adhere to our development and performance model.
• Adhere to matchday protocol.
• Understand what workshops are being delivered to players on the 5Cs in line with the psychological programme and adapt match day objectives to suit.
Sports Science & Medicine
• Communicate with academy physio on a weekly basis on player’s physical progress and check PMA for player injury status.
• Carry out performance analysis sessions once a week based on previous match(s) or current curriculum theme.
• Complete players’ training, match minutes and feedback by Sunday evening on PMA.
• Upload session plan and complete evaluation on a weekly basis.
• Attend and provide input on the two ILP plus player and parent reviews and complete academy player competencies performance review on PMA.
• Add ILP comments on PMA and set new targets (if required) every 6 weeks.
• After every 6 weeks block add comment and attend multidisciplinary team (MT) meetings.
• Ensure trialist is assigned to an academy player to help them feel welcome and settle in.
• Complete players’ training, match minutes and feedback by Monday evening on PMA.
• Adhere our culture and values.
• Adhere to our staff code of conduct.
Undertake self-development to ensure knowledge in relation to all aspects of your role is up-to-date and forward thinking:
• Attend CPD events both internal and external to maintain your FA coaches licence.
• Provide occasional cover for absent coaches.
Such other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objectives of the post and to assist the Academy Manager.
Person Specifications (Essential)
• UEFA B Coaching Licence (or working towards)
• FA Youth Award (or working towards)
• Safeguarding and Protecting Children
• (EFAIF) Emergency First Aid in Football (or basic first aid FA qualification)
Experience of working in at least 1 of the following roles:
• A football coaching role
• A mentoring/coaching role
Knowledge and/or experience of at least 3 of the following:
• The process of learning in young people (pedagogy)
• Running and designing development programmes
• Football coaching
• Leading a team
• Managing people
• Sports Psychology
ICT experience of PMA, excel, word and any other software as required to carry out the duties required for the job.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Have a flexible attitude to work
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Have a polite and courteous manner
• Be organised and have good time management skills
• The ability to meet stringent deadlines
• Be able to adapt to different and changing situations
• Have the drive and enthusiasm to set high standards and achieve company objectives
• Have a personable approach
• Have a full clean driving licence
• DBS clearance
• To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to follow the child protection procedures adopted by the FA and the club