Youth Development Coach (U16)
15 / 06
- Plan, deliver, review and reflect on all training and fixtures for the Under 16 age group in conjunction with Lead Phase Coach, consistent with the methodology as outlined in the AFC Bournemouth Academy Performance Plan.
- Plan and deliver a weekly timetable with the Under 16 age group squad that includes match analysis, sports psychology, and athletic development alongside coaching.
- Write and support / lead player reviews, four times per season with players and parents/guardians.
- Responsible for planning, delivering and reviewing player development plans for each player within the relevant age group.
- Complete all relevant feedback to individual players using analysis and PMA platforms.
- To ensure all the Under 16 age group squad players fully understand and adhere to rules & guidelines set out for them & manage individual players, in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary staff, accordingly
- Liaise and co-ordinate, with the Operations department, the organisation of the Under 16 age group squad, where applicable
- Attend all relevant academy meetings where applicable.
- Attend continued professional development sessions organised by the Academy or other professional bodies
- Attend seasonal safeguarding training as required by the Club
- Adhere to all guidelines contained within the Club's Safeguarding Policy
- Utilise the ‘MyConcern’ system to ‘recognise, respond, report and record’ any safeguarding incidents in a timely and detailed manner.
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters, you follow and actively promote the club’s mental health policies and practices to ensure an open, non-judgmental and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- As a member of staff to ensure that you to adhere to the club’s safeguarding policies and procedures and are committed to our safeguarding values, creating a safe and positive environment for all those who interact with the club.
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters you follow and actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- Working with elite football players in the Youth Development Phase at a Category 3 academy
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- UEFA A License
- Advanced Youth Award
- FA Safeguarding Children
- EFAiF (Emergency First Aid in Football)
- Working with elite footballers at a Category 1 or 2 level
- Working full time in high level sporting or education environments
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- UEFA Pro License
- FA Talent ID qualifications
- Degree is associated area.
- Teaching / leadership qualifications
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a competitive reward package which will include, but is not limited to:
- Free onsite parking.
- Season ticket and allocation of complimentary/purchased tickets.
- Subsidised lunches and complimentary healthy snacks throughout the day.
- Discounts at the club Superstore.
- Contribution towards eye tests and glasses.
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses.
- Club pension & Life Assurance Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) by Health Assured.
- Paid parental leave (bank of five days per year).
- Club events or other social events throughout the year run by our club social team.
- Paid volunteer opportunities (2 days per year).
- Paid day’s leave on your birthday.