Women's First Team Coach
Job Title: Women's First Team Coach
Department: Blackburn Rovers Women's Football Club Ltd.
Based at: BRFC Academy, Old Langho, Blackburn, BB6 8BA. Flexibility regarding location is required.
Reports to: Women's First Team Head Coach
Hour sof work: 19 hours per week plus any additional hours necessary for the performance of duties to be worked on days and at times agreed with your head of department. This will include regular weekend work.
Contractual Status: Permanent
Job Purpose: To support the Head Coach in coaching the Women’s First Team in preparation for fixtures and to help assist at all First Team fixtures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To be committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of all staff, players, spectators, customers and/or clients of the club;
- To be organised and punctual at all times and be approachable for all players;
- Support the First Team Head Coach with planning, preparation, delivery and evaluation of coaching sessions;
- Work according to Blackburn Rovers philosophy and values;
- To plan, prepare and evaluate relevant and specific coaching sessions for the players according to the philosophy of play;
- Ensure all players receive weekly targets that are related to the coaching curriculum and receive feedback in relation to that target each week;
- Interact with players to ensure the full review platform is a two-way process;
- Work with individual players set appropriated development targets with a plan to work towards;
- Provide feedback to players (using technology where appropriate);
- Liaise with and work closely with coaches, medics and performance staff regarding player development, and prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries;
- Work with the Safeguarding and Welfare Officer to ensure that the wellbeing and welfare of all players and staff is always an operational priority;
- Create and maintain a personalised Development Action Plan (DAP), taking input and feedback from a variety of sources;
- Attend CPD events and undertake CPD activities in line with identified development themes; and
- Any other duties as reaosnably required and assigned by the Head Coach.
- Holds a desire to progress in the women’s game;
- Demonstrates curiosity to learn and develop;
- Motivated to create a positive performance culture;
- Takes pride in delivering high quality work;
- Strong communication skills;
- Able to earn trust by being respectful, supportive, and transparent;
- Is approachable and relatable;
- Able to build strong and personal relationships;
- Encourages open, two-way communication;
- Highly organised, able to plan and organise to meet deadlines; and
- Knowledge of Safeguarding/child protection policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of Professional Game Academies and Emerging Talent Centers;
- Knowledge and experience of implementing various training models;
- Knowledge of IDP Frameworks and appraisal processes; and
- Knowledge of developing a player development model at senior level.
- UEFA A Licence (Essential) or working towards;
- FA Youth Award;
- FA First Aid; and
- FA Safeguarding
DBS Check Required: Yes (enhanced)
The document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
How to apply
Due to high levels of interest, this post may close early so early application is advised, otherwise the closing date for this role is 5pm on Friday 8th September 2023.
To apply for the vacancy please click the apply button below.
Equality and Diversity
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.