- Sales of all products and services through the full Conference & Events inventory portfolio.
- Project lead on our expanding WBA Events programme such as our Play on the Pitch programme, Stadium Tours, Christmas Parties, WBA Golf Day and Junior Baggies Events).
- Event co-ordination on matchdays – to assist with sponsor presentations, office cover, ticket collections and car park management.
- Representing West Bromwich Albion FC brand at events and exhibitions.
- Account management and development of existing C&E clients (Including any new business accounts the Sales Executive brings to the company). Development of relationships with accounts to allow the sales and maximization of upsell activity through a client’s full hospitality and event requirements.
- Identifying new business and event opportunities for sales to new clients.
- Manage incoming enquiries, business and convert into live business. Tracking all enquiries providing insight for successes and lost business reasoning.
- Responsible and accountable for achieving sales targets as set by the Venue Sales Manager and Head of Commercial.
- Assisting marketing team with engaging content for WBA Instagram page.
- All sales activity is to be managed and administered within the clubs CRM system (Including account management communications, pipeline management, quotations and forecasting etc).
- Receiving incoming calls and handling and following up effectively.
- Liaising with colleagues and other club departments in regard of information for events as required.
- Participation at sales meetings and bringing new ideas.
- Take care in appearance of office.
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities which your manager or another senior member of the company asks you to perform.
- To contribute positively to the Clubs vision and culture.
- To promote and adhere to the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and to work consistently to embed ED&I into everything.
- To ensure the working environment is free from harassment and discrimination and any other form of unacceptable behaviour.
- To fully participate in one-to-ones and departmental reviews and meetings.
- To fully participate in annual and mid-term appraisals for all reporting staff.
- To understand the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines and use these to ensure appropriate and safe working practices applicable to the role.
- To promote and assist with Safeguarding.
- To carry out CPD and keep up to date with any training and updates relevant to the role.
- To ensure the health & safety within the Club for self and others is adhered to at all time.
- To carry out all responsibilities with due regard to the Club values and all policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.
- To undertake all required training, including mandatory Club Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and Health and Safety training.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- Knowledge and experience of the Venue/Conference and Events industry
- Ability to produce presentations and present orally to clients at all levels of key decision makers/management
- Proven direct client relationship management activity
- Proven new business acquisition activity undertaken
- Highly organised and methodical approach to workload
- Confidential and diplomatic
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Full driving license is desirable
- Right to Work in the UK
Equality and Diversity
West Bromwich Albion FC is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to provide equality and fairness for all employees and opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
West Bromwich Albion Football Club also welcomes applications from suitably qualified members of the armed forces family.
West Bromwich Albion is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, therefore expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
WBA’s Safeguarding, Equality and Whistleblowing policies can be accessed here https://www.wba.co.uk/club/about-us/club-policies