U21 Assistant Head Coach
Our vision is to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
Reporting into our U21 Head Coach, you will be responsible for building a winning England U21 team that successfully prepares and promotes players for the England Senior team. You will bring a strong leadership presence to St. George's Park that supports the development of the site as a world leading football performance centre.
You will be responsible for enhancing and influencing the development of English international footballers, contributing to the overall National Team Strategy to build winning teams and individual player development objectives.
- Deliver inspiring, world class on and off-field technical coaching to the England U21 National Team, ensuring outstanding performance in order to deliver a successful, winning team.
- Create a team identity for the U21 team where every player knows what is expected of them, maximising the opportunities on and off the field to build confidence, cohesion and positive spirit and energy.
- Work closely with the U21 Head Coach, Technical Director and Head of Player Selection & Talent Strategy when selecting squads, to ensure player development is prioritised and appropriate support and collaboration is provided to the senior team.
- Contribute towards the development of an aligned curriculum and programme of development for the U21 team to ensure successful delivery of key milestones and performance pathway expectations with a clear link and relationship with the Men's Senior Team.
- Play a leadership role in the multi-disciplinary U21 management team, playing group and the Head of Player Selection & Talent Strategy, operating to best practise principles to ensure successful tournaments and campaigns, along with close collaboration with clubs to ensure maximum player release in order to achieve ‘winning a major tournament'.
- Where appropriate, attend media briefings and manage the media within the boundaries of agreed messages and in a style that enhances the reputation of the FA.
- Actively promote the leadership agenda for the diversity and inclusion programmes specifically designed for our elite teams, contributing to the overall FA Equality, Diversity and Inclusion plan.
- Build close working relationships with FA staff and key personnel in professional clubs, ensuring excellent communication at all times.
- Support the delivery of the FA strategic plan in order to deliver against Technical objectives and our ‘game changer' of ‘winning a major tournament'
- Execute additional tasks as required by the Technical Director in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
What we are looking for
- Working towards or holds a UEFA A Licence.
- Significant experience of working with international players and coaches, with a track record of high performance.
- Experience working with and alongside Premier League and / or international coaches and managers.
- Relationship building experience with young Premier League and international footballers who have elite international potential.
- Playing experience at the highest level including a strong understanding of the international football landscape.
- Has walked in the players shoes and whose track record will make them a credible addition to the coaching staff.
- Inspirational coaching attributes and outstanding leadership skills.
- Understanding of talent identification and strategy.
- Planning and organisational skills, incorporating into your work programme the wider multi-disciplinary team.
- UEFA Pro License.
- Experience of working in a leading club in a management or head coach capacity.
- Experience handling the media and presenting to national media outlets.
- Experience playing or coaching internationally / outside of the UK.
What we can offer you
An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.