U13 & U14 Head Coach
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Academy coaching team. Working with our players in the U13 & U14 age groups, you will play a key role in the delivery of engaging, challenging and individual developmental coaching sessions.
This role is to lead and facilitate the coaching programme for all academy players and staff across the U13 & U14 age groups in line with the Academy’s Performance Plan. You will develop the wider academy programme, contributing towards the academy coaching and playing philosophy as well as any broader development of Academy.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Establish and continually refine Season Plans for the U13 & U14 age groups, shaping the player development programme in line with group and individual player needs;
- Lead weekly multi-disciplinary team meetings guiding holistic player development;
- Lead coaching sessions across the U13 & U14 age groups (including day release where applicable) which align with Season Plan commitments & the Individual Learning Plans for each Player;
- Manage game programmes in line with the Season Plans to ensure teams and players compete appropriately;
- Integrate and connect the U13 and U14 groups and link to both the U12 and U15 programmes;
- Co-ordinate and line manage the U13 & U14 part-time coaching staff and support their development in line with Season Plans;
- Develop and sustain frequent, consistent, and supportive communication with all players and their families to support transitions into Professional Development Phase;
- Work in collaboration with The Talent ID & Pathway Manager & The Assistant Head of Player Development to support the retention, recruitment, and development of players at Fulham FC;
- Co-ordinate, shape & lead the delivery of analysis and ILP sessions in line with player needs;
- Plan, upload and reflect systematically on all coaching sessions delivered;
- Complete game plan reports for designated age group fixtures and ensure all players performance clocks are up to date;
You will be required to oversee the implementation of the academy code of expectations and ensure that safeguarding policies are adhered to. You will lead on all designated age group player (parent) reviews on a 6/12 weekly basis for the U13 & U14s age group. You will manage the completion of all age group player ILPs for the U13 & U14’s age group in collaboration with other disciplines and The Head of Player Development. In addition, you will manage post-match reflections for players within your designated age group and provide feedback to trialists and complete CLASS reports forms.
Working in collaboration with Performance Analysis team you will construct individual player statistical reports to measure playing performance in line with academy philosophy, co-ordinate video compilations for academy age groups to support individual player development and co-ordinate and guide post-match statistical reports to support learning.
Candidates must hold the appropriate and up to date qualifications to conform to our Premier League Academy Licence requirements. Preferably candidates will hold, UEFA A Licence & FA Advanced Youth Award. You will have experience and an appreciation of youth football protocols along with an understanding of player development across other sports, countries and/or clubs.
Candidates must hold the FA Safeguarding qualification along with the appropriate First Aid qualification. It is essential that candidates have experience working with academy players at a Category 1 or 2 club and experience working with players in the Youth development Phase.
The successful candidate will have a growth mindset towards coaching and football to ensure that they are progressive in nature, while being player-centred in their approach to development. Candidates must be able to demonstrate engagement in the support of learning, education, and the enjoyment of players, while ensuring the highest levels of professionalism in organisation, delivery and conduct.
Fulham Football Club is committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether they have a disability.
If you are tenacious, resilient, and passionate about your profession and can add value to our Team, then please apply by filling in the application form on our Careers page and submitting this and your CV to: email@example.com