Transactional Financial Controller
You'll lead our accounts transactional team to ensure a smooth, controlled, timely month end, and to deliver an accurate and efficient flow of transactional information to the wider business.
We are looking for a Financial Controller to lead our accounts transactional team to ensure a smooth, controlled, timely month end, and to deliver an accurate and efficient flow of transactional information to the wider business.
In this role you'll lead a team of people who are responsible for order to cash, purchase to pay, tangible fixed assets, stock, intercompany processes, VAT and expenses, and processing our payroll. You'll also be working closely with the Group Financial Controller to deliver a seamless finance service to the wider business and to support the CFO.
Who we are
We are one of the most famous clubs in world football, with a rich heritage and history of success – read more about our history, here.
Beyond that, we are passionate about our local community and, behind the scenes, we have a wide variety of opportunities and career paths for all. We have a very defined purpose: to act for a winning team, culture and community. We achieve this by ensuring we are courageous in the pursuit of progress, we champion our community and each other, and that we do the right thing (even when no one is looking).
- Lead the Payroll and Accounts Transactional team, ensuring day-to-day workload is completed to an exceptional standard and deadlines are adhered to.
- Full line management responsibility for the team members of the Accounting Transactional team and the Payroll team.
- Ensure timely, accurate and efficient completion of all month end routines, financial processing, reports and reconciliations.
- Ensure the integrity of information input into key financial systems and their related integrations.
- Review of Group VAT returns and preparation of 6 monthly ‘Duty to Report Payment Practices’.
- Ownership of process and control documentation.
- Investigate control issues beyond the Finance department to the extent that these have an impact on the integrity of financial control or reporting.
What we are looking for
- Preferably a qualified Accountant but will consider ‘Qualified by experience’.
- Good experience of leading and managing all aspects of a mid-size team of a similar nature.
- Excellent people and performance management skills.
- Someone proactive, with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Someone who will take action to improve processes and fix problems they come across in the pursuit of progress.
- A collaborative mindset and a strong team player.
- Someone who is courageous and has a desire to move Arsenal Football Club forward.
Why choose us
At Arsenal, we want everyone to feel a sense of trust and belonging, so we are proud of both our club values and also what we offer to our employees. As one of our Gunners, you will receive:
- An exciting reward and recognition scheme
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with your length of service
- Great internal learning and development programmes
- A flexible hybrid working model
- Discounted Arsenal season tickets
- A competitive health and wellbeing benefits package
- A leading Employee Assistance Programme
- Great discounts with some of our Partners
Arsenal for Everyone
Arsenal for Everyone is our commitment to promoting and embracing equality, diversity and inclusion, so that everyone connected to the club feels like they belong to the same Arsenal family. We believe that diversity of background, skills and experience drives our success on and off the pitch.
Disability Confident Leader
We are a Disability Confident Leader. We actively welcome applications from people with disabilities and long-term health conditions. If you need disability-related adjustments to the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
If you are likely to meet the definition of being a ‘disabled person’ according to the Equality Act 2010, we will offer you an interview if you meet the minimum criteria for a role. Please choose the option of a guaranteed interview on your application form. The information you share with us about your health or disability will not be used in recruitment decisions.