Technical Recruitment Analyst
Job title: Technical Recruitment Analyst
Department: Senior Recruitment
Location: Blackburn Rovers Senior Training Centre, Brockhall Village, Old Langho, Blackburn, BB6 8FA. Flexibility regrading location is required.
Reports to: Head of Player Recruitment
Responsible for: N/A
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week plus any additional hours necessary for the performance of duties. This will include regular evening and weekend work.
Contractual status: Permanent
Job purpose: To be responsible for researching, reporting and identifying potential players to be selected for our Tier 1 to Tier 4 shortlists with the potential to play for our First Team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To be committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of all elite players, promoting their well-being needs whilst maintaining professional boundaries;
- To watch selected games live or by video within the Technical Recruitment Analyst Structure;
- To prepare detailed reports on players watched using our PART Recruitment Philosophy Report Forms on the required platform;
- To record and update tracking documents on players/teams watched;
- To update Tier 1 to Tier 4 shortlists with identified players who meet our set criteria;
- To provide analysis of Leagues and identify stand out performers in each League based on statistics in order to produce reports on these players;
- To provide recommend fixtures to attend for players identified;
- To provide detailed background reports on potential signings;
- To contribute towards the creation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- To assist with the delivery of identified player presentations;
- To contribute towards the departmental CPD programme; and
- To carry out any such other duties as the Head of Player Recruitment may reasonably properly assign or delegate in connection with the business of the Club from time to time.
- An excellent reading of the football game and the ability to interpret and report on live/recorded match events;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Must be able to work conscientiously and with total discretion;
- Ability to work independently but also in a team;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to deal with unexpected situations and to multi-task;
- Set and maintain standards of work performance and deliver quality, consistently and efficiently;
- Flexibility and commitment to work in accordance with the needs of the business;
- Can remain calm and composed under pressure;
- I.T. literate;
- Excellent communication and personal skills;
- Has the skill to identify potential players to play in Blackburn Rovers First Team; and
- Proven track record of being able to research and produce detailed reports.
- Experience working in an elite sporting environment;
- Experience working with all Microsoft packages;
- Knowledge and understanding of scouting;
- Experience using scouting applications such as PMA, Scout 7 and other relevant applications; and
- Experience of researching and writing reports.
- Recognised FA Talent Identification Qualification (desirable);
- FA Safeguarding Certificate; and
- Sport Performance Analysis/Sports Science Degree or equivalent (desirable).
DBS check required: Yes (enhanced)
The document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
How to Apply
Due to high-levels of interest, this post may close early so early application is advised, otherwise the closing date for this role is 5:00pm on Tuesday 17th May 2022.
Equality and Diversity
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. The job holder will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.