The Premier League IT department are seeking a Systems Engineer to work within the IT team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer who has a passion for developing systems for our business and key stakeholders.
The Premier League IT department are seeking a Systems Engineer to work within the IT team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer who has a passion for developing systems for our business and key stakeholders. The right candidate will have experience in the support, design and development of web-based applications and delivering iteratively within an Agile environment.
They will be engaging in various large-scale IT projects to ensure its ongoing success is successfully scoped, documented, developed, and supported.
Who we are
The Premier League is home to some of the most competitive and compelling football in the world. The League and its clubs use the power and popularity of the competition to inspire fans, communities and partners in the UK and across the world. The Premier League brings people together from all backgrounds. It is a competition for everyone, everywhere and is available to watch in over 1 billion homes in 189 countries.
We have a wide variety of responsibilities. These include organising the competition and its Rule Book as well as managing the centralised broadcast and commercial rights. The work we do in conjunction with the Clubs also goes far beyond the 90 minutes. We support and provide a framework for youth development, we protect the organisation’s intellectual property, support the wider game and community programmes, undertake international development work and liaise with governing bodies and other leagues.
Our hybrid-working Model also allows you some variety on your place of work, offering you the chance to work from home on some days each week. Where possible, you will attend the office or site visits in line with our policy. All staff liaise closely with their line manager to manage their time appropriately and according to their work and team requirements.
- Identifying and resolving immediate and potential issues within applications
- Work alongside stakeholders to scope and develop new services to improve efficiency and productivity within the business
- Provide technical governance and design across multiple area processes, including:
- Functionality and requirements gathering;
- Database structure and design;
- APIs and integrations;
- Development tools and techniques;
- Automated and manual testing frameworks;
- Produce technical and end user documentation.
Requirements for the role
- Previous experience as a Systems Engineer or similar development role
- Ability to work within an agile development lifecycle
- An understanding of modern API integrations and authorisation standards (REST, OAuth, SAML / SCIM)
- Experience with the architecture and management of large-scale SQL and NoSQL databases
- Core understanding of best practices regarding security, unit testing and quality assurance
- React / Angular
- Experience with Object-Oriented and Functional Programming paradigms
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
Nice-to-haves for the role
- Confidence in communicating with people and understanding business needs
- Wider range of passion and experience working within infrastructure and the front-end
- Prior history in similar full-stack projects / roles
- Experience of working within the Git version control system
- Experience of CI / CD pipelines and workflows
- Experience of working within the Azure DevOps cycle
- Familiarity with Cloud architecture and design with Microsoft Azure
The Premier League is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All appointments will be made based on merit.