Sports and Education Coach
We are now looking to recruit to the role of Sport & Education Coach to take responsibility for the delivery of the PE and the Premier League Primary Stars programme on behalf of Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC).
Sport & Education Coach
Remuneration + benefits:
28 days holidays (including bank holidays) pro rata
Long service holidays
Time For You allowance
BFC retail store discount
Subsidised home matchday tickets
Retail Discount platform
Full time: 35 hours per week: You will be occasionally required to work outside of normal office hours to include evenings & weekends.
Fixed Term until 31st July 2023 with a view to extending
Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4BX and Primary Schools across East Lancashire.
5pm on Wednesday 5th October 2022
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
Reporting to the Head of Education, the Sport & Education Coach will be expected to:
- Take responsibility for the delivery of PE and the Premier League Primary Stars programme within a cohort of schools, on behalf of BFCitC.
- Ensure meticulous planning is conducted prior to each session that is delivered, with considerations being made for individuals’ needs and requirements.
- Deliver the highest possible quality of PE sessions and interventions, to a wealth of participants with varying abilities, needs and demands, in a variety of different environments, including:
- National Curriculum Physical Education
- Extra-Curricular Sessions
- Holiday Camps
- Whole School Assemblies
- Recreational Sport Sessions
- Educational Sessions and Interventions (Literacy, Numeracy and PSHE workshops).
- Continuously evaluate the success / standards of own work and that of others, through rigorous self and departmental reflection and analysis.
- Partake in the crucial processes of monitoring and evaluation, to ensure that the progress / impact of any given provision is reporting to key funders in a timely and effectively manner. This includes the use of regular registers and the Views platform.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are kept safe and well, before, during and after the delivery of a given session.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to this role.
- Be able to work flexible hours where the role of the job requires.
- Work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Comply with all Charity policies.
- Promote the Burnley Football Club in the Community and Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
- To understand and implement the Charity’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
An ideal candidate will have;
- Level 2 Sport specific certificate in a chosen sport or working towards.
- Safeguarding certificate or the willingness to undertake training.
- First Aid certificate or the willingness to undertake training.
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above
- Relevant training for working with children.
- Experience of working on sport-based projects.
- Experience of delivering the PE curriculum in Primary schools.
- Experience of working in a school setting.
- Full driving license and the use of a vehicle.
- Level 1 or 2 Sports certificate in a second, or multiple sports.
- A teaching qualification (PTTLS, QTS, PGCE).
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting PE and School Sport (AfPE) OR similar.
- Mental Health First Aid / Awareness certificate or similar.
- PE School Sports Certificate.
- A degree or equivalent experience in a relevant area of work
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on the BFC in the Community website (alternative format available upon request). BFCitC no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.