Social Media Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with an in-depth knowledge of football and a passion for digital content to join our award-winning social media team.
In this varied role, you will be helping to shape the Club’s social media strategy, producing high performing digital content, and establishing creative best practice across the major social platforms. The successful candidate will work within the content team and report into the Senior Social Media Manager. You will create, commission, and distribute digital content to 140 million cross-platform followers, for England’s most successful football team.
What will you be doing?
- Lead the day-to-day planning and scheduling of content across the club’s global social channels.
- Work closely with the Senior Social Media Manager to shape our social strategy, ensuring it aligns with club goals and objectives.
- Work with our team of social media specialists effectively to deal with a busy content schedule and enable them to work efficiently and to their full potential.
- Produce high performing organic content for the Club’s global fanbase and to attract the interest of new audiences.
- Plan, create and publish content across matchdays for Liverpool FC’s men’s, women’s and academy teams.
- Work with Club journalists to maximise the reach of news and editorial content, with specific focus on driving traffic to Club owned platforms – website, app, etc.
- Collaborate with the in-house video and graphic teams to create industry leading digital content in line with the Club’s brand framework and tone of voice.
- Grow, engage and maintain a highly engaged social audience.
- Work closely with the insights team to analyse content performance, report back on findings and adapt content accordingly.
- Support partnership activations and Club marketing campaigns, from ideation through to delivery, to ensure they are suitable for our social media channels.
- React to events and breaking news, on and off the pitch, in real-time.
- Stay abreast of the latest social trends, platform tools and emerging platforms to help inform LFC’s social strategies.
- Act as the main point of contact with our international social media teams around the distribution and publication of content.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will have a passion, knowledge and interest in football and a desire to be a part of Liverpool’s future success. You must have significant relevant experience & excellent knowledge of all major social media platforms and the ability to adapt quickly to changes in how they operate.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record for creating high performing digital content for large audiences and managing feeds across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
We are looking for a creative thinker who is highly organised with a forward-planning attitude. You will have a data-driven approach, with the ability to use social media analytics tools and reports to evaluate performance, inform your approach, ensure best practice, and adjust content execution accordingly.
You will also have a good knowledge of the terms and conditions of social media platforms, especially as they relate to branded content.
As our working environment is fast paced, you will need to be comfortable operating in extremely high-pressured situations and have an ability to optimise posting strategy, i.e., audience segmentation and geo-posting. Due to the nature of this role, we are looking for somebody who is flexible and willing to work around the football calendar, including weekends and evenings where necessary.
It would be beneficial for you to have a good understanding of Liverpool Football Club’s unique heritage, history and culture, in order to execute with a clear tone of voice across social media.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time, permanent role working 35 hours per week on a 5 from 7-day basis. Your main base will be our Head Office in Liverpool City Centre which is close to local bars, shops and restaurants and has great views over the river Mersey.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits kit bag where you can get high street discounts, and a selection of benefit schemes you can join. There are opportunities to get involved with volunteering through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
We aspire to be the most inclusive club in world football - providing fair and appropriate opportunities to as many people from different backgrounds as possible, being welcoming and meeting their needs as best we can. We are committed to hiring great people representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, not just because it`s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our Club stronger. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.
We are looking to conduct interviews towards the end of January