Social Media Manager
Crystal Palace Football Club is seeking a creative, multi-skilled and well organised social media professional to undertake a key role in the club’s media team.
The successful candidate will be charged with running the club’s social media output (alongside one colleague) across multiple channels to help meet the club’s objectives of engaging and growing its global fan base.
Every day, he/she will conceive, pitch and deliver innovative content ideas in conjunction with the club’s editorial, video production and graphics team to deliver interesting, accurate, shareable and high-quality club output.
The role will be at the heart of creative content creation, but also is responsible for planning and scheduling posts on a day to day basis.
As a member of the Marketing department they will also be charged with inputting into and delivering effective revenue generating campaigns for club departments (Retail, Ticketing, Commercial Partnerships, Premium Hospitality etc).
We operate as a small team – and the chosen candidate will be expected to maintain a ‘can-do’ positive attitude, be flexible to changing demands in a fast-paced environment, and have outstanding people skills. He/she will be proactive, inquisitive, organised and obsessed with all things digital - and of course, Premier League football.
You will be responsible for….
- Day-to-day management of all of CPFC social media platforms
- Being the guardian of the club’s tone of voice on social
- Evolving the club’s social media strategy
- Devising and delivering content ideas & campaigns from scratch
- Contributing to Palace TV video shoots
- Supporting commercial partners and club departments in creating / optimising campaigns through social media
- Demonstrating excellent, true ‘fan engagement’ and two-way communication with supporters
- Ownership of platform & content analytics to optimise output; reporting on reach, engagement, referral and growth metrics
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by line manager
- Upholding and promoting the Club’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities policies and procedures
You will have…
- Extensive knowledge of Premier League football
- Experience running sizable social media accounts for at least 3 years, with evidence of audience growth, driving referral traffic, monetization of content, commercial growth, content innovation
- Attention to detail, with outstanding written communication skills
- Video production skills (video editing as a minimum)
- Image editing skills (basic image manipulation as a minimum)
- Experience in creating and / or delivering a social media strategy
- A willingness to work out-of-hours and weekends (ie. the vast majority of all matches)
- A willingness to be flexible and work to tight deadlines
- Experience running social accounts of a professional sports Club / Team / League
- Experience working with talent
- Experience working with commercial partners on activating branded campaigns
- In-depth knowledge of Crystal Palace Football Club
- A people person – someone who can build and maintain positive working relationships, club wide, with all colleagues
- Someone who lives and breathes social media, with strong views as to what represents outstanding content and community management
- Someone who understands the importance of tone of voice and organisational values – but also someone who isn’t afraid to test and learn
- A creative, confident, passionate individual – a storyteller, with an eye for detail.
- Someone who can multi-task and works at pace
- Someone who is comfortable to make decisions in high pressure situations
What you’ll get in return….
Crystal Palace FC is an amazing place to work. We offer flexible working where possible and expose you to all parts of our organisation.
We are committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder will be subject to any relevant security checks as required.
- a one-page CV
- a one-page cover letter clearly detailing Social Media experience, current package/salary expectation, and if relevant – links to show reel/design portfolio