Location: Lotus Training Centre, Norwich, NR4 7TS
Contract and Hours: 40 hours per week, as and when required
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 per annum, plus company benefits
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced candidate to join the Operations Team at Norwich City Football Club in the role of Skilled Gardener.
The role will be responsible for preparing and maintaining all landscaping areas across the site, including lawns, hedges, shrubs, and trees. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the vegetable plot, working with the Executive Head Chef to produce excellent and healthy produce for staff and players.
Key tasks/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain lawn/landscaped areas at training centre using pedestrian mowers, strimmers, hedge strimming and hand tools. Maintenance of these areas will include weeding beds, blowing/clearing leaves, and planting/replanting trees and shrubs.
- Prepare and maintain vegetable plot
- Set up rotary mowers, hedge strimmers and other hand tools to complete regular and routine pre-start checks
- Use and calibrate knapsack sprayers to treat broad-leaf weeds, fungicides, herbicides, biocides, and selective weeds
- Assist grounds staff with deliveries on seed, fertilizer, and equipment
- Liase and arrange with Head of Grounds for stores and supplies for the upkeep of all landscaped areas
- Use of tractor, which includes operation of all tractor mounted implements
- To act in a manner that supports the Club’s Values of Growth, Integrity, Belonging, Resilience, Pride and Commitment
This is an excellent role for someone who is meticulous and organised, alongside a proficiency in identifying and solving project related issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in same/similar role (Essential)
- Strong knowledge of plants (Essential)
- PA1 and PA6 Spraying Certificate (Essential)
- Tractor Operations Certificate (Essential)
- NVQ Level 2 in Horticulture or higher (Desirable)
- PA2 Spraying Certificate (Desirable)
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join the Canaries, click ‘Apply’ now to become our Gardener!
Closing date: Monday 30 January 2023
Norwich City Football Club are committed to ensuring equal opportunities are given to all and welcomes applications from all areas of the community regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
Norwich City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the workplace. Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this post. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.