Sessional Coach - Essex
2 / 10
To support the delivery of Chelsea FC Foundation’s Football Development Programmes. Delivering high quality football and multisport activities within a variety of environments including Schools, Colleges, Grass Root Clubs and Youth Clubs. Ensure all delivery equipment and activities are risk assessed and that young people within CFCF provision are safeguarded according to the CFCF policies and procedures.
JOB TITLE: Sessional Coach
DEPARTMENT: Chelsea FC Foundation
REPORTING TO: Football Development Officers & Coordinators
JOB FUNCTION: To support the delivery of Chelsea FC Foundation’s Football Development Programmes. Delivering high quality football and multisport activities within a variety of environments including Schools, Colleges, Grass Root Clubs and Youth Clubs. Ensure all delivery equipment and activities are risk assessed and that young people within CFCF provision are safeguarded according to the CFCF policies and procedures.
HOURS: Varied & flexible – generally evening sessions and weekends but you can be required to work afternoon sessions too.
**MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part): **
• To support Chelsea FC Foundation’s Football Development Officers with the delivery of weekly activities, offering high quality coaching sessions to enhance participant’s development with the CFCF player progression pathways.
• Deliver a first class provision of football and multisport across various venues throughout the South of England. Liaising with Education Providers, facility managers, parents and carers to ensure all activity is delivered in safe and enjoyable environment.
• Plan and deliver fun, enjoyable and educational sessions that will offer sustained participation with CFCF, ensuring session plans are readily available on request from FA, PL or CFCF assessors’.
• To be well presented at all times wearing Chelsea FC uniform and be available at venues ready to start sessions at least 15 minutes prior to activities commencing.
• To prepare session plans and ensure participation forms, recording sheets, risk assessments and registers are completed accurately and given to the appropriate CFCF or associated staff member.
• To follow safeguarding policies and procedures as outlined by Chelsea FC Foundation and report any safeguarding/welfare incidents that may take place during, before and after a session to the relevant officer, as well as the production of risk assessments for every session.
• Ensure the relationship with children and adults at risk is appropriate and language, behaviour and demeanour is suitable. The Company will expect you to undertake training to ensure an understanding of best practice in relation to Children and/or Adults at Risk.
• You will be responsible for the welfare of children in your care and should not leave them in the care of others. You should ensure that all children are signed in and out of all activities by a parent, carer or teacher/associated staff member.
• To communicate your availability efficiently & effectively with Football Development Officers/Coordinators and assist in all activities as requested by the Area Leads. Attend in-service training sessions when required and maintain the CFCF fit for purpose criteria in adherence with the terms and conditions of the Sessional Worker Engagement Agreement.
• Deliver additional roles and responsibilities as required by the Chelsea FC Foundation and Ad hoc duties as requested by Chelsea FC Foundation Management staff.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (Here to Win):
• Represent Chelsea FC & Chelsea FC Foundation in a professional manner at all times and only undertake CFCF work and any other additional authorised paid work with organisations that does not risk a conflict of interest.
• Positive Attitude.
• Hold a minimum FA Level 2 Football Coaching Qualification (FA Level 1 Qualification considered for Assistant Coach Role).
• Emergency Aid & Safeguarding Children Certificates.
• UEFA B Licence.
• afPE 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Physical Education and School Sport.
• Hold a clean driving license & have own transport or be willing to us public transport to travel across the working area.
• Knowledge of Chelsea FC Foundation and FA Coaching Development Pathways.
• Knowledge and experience of working/coaching within a school environment.
• Good communication and organisation skills.
• Ability to organise and motivate team members.
• Confident and outgoing personality.
• Aims to support and improve staff members.
• A good understanding of Education Providers, Leisure Facilities and Grass Root Football.
• Experience of working within the sport or charity industry.
• Ability to engage with hard to reach groups, deliver inclusive activities and have an understanding of Equality and Diversity.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea FC Foundation policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company’s premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.