Senior Social Media Executive
Senior Social Media Executive at Watford FC
£32,000 - £35,000 dependent on knowledge and experience
Watford Football Club - Vicarage Road Stadium / Training Ground, London Colney
Closoing Date: 12noon Thursday 24th November 2022
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Content and Marketing Team at Watford Football Club. We are looking to recruit a Senior Social Media Executive to be a part of a hard-working team responsible for delivering consistent best-in-class management of the Club’s official Social Media platforms. This includes mentoring junior Social Media Executive/s in the team and identifying opportunities to support the revenue income for all of the Club’s commercial departments.
You will play a key role in working with the Content & Production Manager to lead on implementation of the Club’s tone of voice across all platforms, developing engaging content that stands out from the crowd and being on the front-foot regarding trends and best practice. In addition, you’ll run the matchday feeds to drive supporter engagement and support the Club’s commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion through pro-active Social Media activity.
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford or the surrounding areas and be a UK resident or non-UK resident with a valid UK work permit and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
You must have:
- Experience planning and scheduling Social Media content on multiple channels, using content management tools such as Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Sprout Social or similar
- Experience in delivering a consistent tone of voice for a brand
- Experience in Social Media analytics reporting, and using analytics to guide strategic decisions on output
- Experience of working with key IT packages on both Mac & PC, video / photo editing software (e.g., Premiere Pro, Photoshop) & Microsoft Office etc.
- Ability to work matchdays (including pre- & post-match and evenings) for both home and away games as well as other Club events that may fall outside normal working hours
- Understanding of the Club’s commitment to EDI & Safeguarding
- Full UK driving licence or ability to travel to various locations due to the demands of the role
- The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- Experience of mentoring junior members of staff
- Experience of developing relationships with professional footballers or elite sportspeople
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI):
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We provide a safe and secure environment for all. We believe Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults is everyone responsibility. Everyone in the organisation has a role to play, to ensure that club policies, procedures and practices in regard to safeguarding are followed.
- Please download and complete an application form located on the Club website under the career section (Club/ Careers) www.watfordfc.com/club/careers
- Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, a copy of all relevant qualifications, right to work in the UK documents and your CV via email to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0ER.
- If you require information in regards how to complete the application form please refer to ‘Application Form guidance notes’ which can be found on the Club website under the career section (Club/ Careers) www.watfordfc.com/club/careers
- Please note depending on the role and if shortlisted reference request may be taken up prior to interview.