SENIOR GROUNDS PEOPLE - TRAINING GROUND & STADIUM ROLES
We are recruiting for skilled Senior Grounds people to join our Team based at our Training Ground in Motspur Park and at the Stadium in Fulham. You will work as part of the Team to maintain and improve the playing surfaces in line with the high standards required by the Head of Grounds and Squad Management
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure Club pitch is maintained to the highest standards with due care and attention;
- Ensure all machines, tools, equipment, and Club property is maintained and in good working order;
- Work with the Craven Cottage Team to ensure that progress with routine work is communicated and the Head of Grounds is notified of major issues as soon as they are identified;
- Consistent and regular communication with the Head of Grounds and all team members to ensure pitch works, job lists, and any other ad-hoc duties are carried out;
- Liaise with outside users/contractors (as required); and
- Ensure that all materials and resources are effectively and efficiently utilised to minimise waste.
Day to day operational duties will include but are not limited to:
- Mowing (Hand and ride on machines)
- White line marking to a high standard
- Driving tractors & utility vehicles
- Moving frost covers in the winter
- Chemical spraying
- Hedge trimming and collection
- Weed picking
- Heavy lifting
- Use of strimmer’s, blowers, and edger’s
- Moving of goals and dugouts around the training ground
- Aeration of pitches and adjacent areas
- Irrigation operation and watering duties
- Pitch testing and data collection
- Supervision of team operations
- Grow light movement and maintenance
- Checking/replacement of nets in line with H&S requirements
- Coupling up of trailers and other equipment to the back of tractors
We are seeking candidates who are prepared to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as having the foresight and initiative to undertake work alone. Candidates will preferably have previous experience within a sports turf environment. As a minimum the successful candidate will hold their NVQ L2 in sports turf maintenance or similar qualification and hold PA1 & PA6 spraying qualifications.
These are full-time positions which require regular weekend work and some l evenings, around match-days.
Fulham Football Club is committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
If you are tenacious, resilient, and passionate about your profession and can add value to our Team, then please apply by filling in the attached application form and submitting your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com