Senior Brand Manager, England Football (Grassroots)
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
This role is at the heart of The FA's purpose. It is our responsibility and privilege to ensure grassroots football in England thrives. Following the recent success of our England teams, we have the opportunity to push this even harder and ensure that football is a game that can be played by all.
England Football represents and unites the game at every level, from grassroots to our elite national teams. First introduced in 2021, England Football aims to inspire the footballing nation by creating chances for every man, women and child, whatever their background or ability, to participate in the beautiful game. You will ultimately be responsible for:
- Day-to-day marketing lead for England Football brand and grassroots football programmes, providing strategic support to the England/England Football Brand Lead and Head of Marketing.
- Supporting the Grassroots Football Division with marketing support to increase participation across men's, women's and disability football, and improve the football experience through digital technology, improved facilities and positive football environment.
- Lead a team of 3 to undertake deliver brand marketing plans including brand equity campaigns, social media, and grassroots programme/initiative requirements.
- Lead the development of strategic marketing plans for England Football, connecting brand, content, and purpose marketing strategies together.
- Executing priority grassroots marketing campaigns with excellence, working with cross functional project teams and sharing strategy, performance insights, action planning and monitoring progress against key initiatives such as RESPECT, the Matchday app, England Football Accreditation & Volunteering.
- Oversee the development of England Football social content strategy working with Content Manager and agencies to deliver growth across key brand and content metrics.
- Lead England Football brand marketing team to plan, manage and deliver key grassroots initiatives in women & girls (Weetabix Wildcats, Squad and in school) and disability grassroots football.
- Work collaboratively with the Grassroots Football division ensuring the planning and execution of programmes and initiatives are reaching mutual goals for England Football.
- Be the guardian for England Football brand across all channels, ensuring look, feel and TOV remains consistent to brand guidelines.
- Manage agency relationships across creative, content and media for all England Football and Grassroots football marketing.
- Work closely with internal marketing, partnerships and communications teams to ensure all mutual objectives are met.
- Be responsible for the budget management for England Football brand, content and relevant Grassroots initiatives, managing agency relationship ensuring delivery within budget.
What we are looking for?
- +5 years of brand management experience
- Excellent proficiency in working with agencies to deliver at pace and scale
- Track record in executing brand/marketing plans
- Leading a team with the ability to work independently and prioritising the workload
- Strong written and verbal communicator with varying levels of stakeholders
- Navigating complex challenges - problem solving, standing alone and dealing with ambiguity.
- Previous experience within grassroots sport either playing, coaching or volunteering.
- Having worked in sports industry in a marketing capacity.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre. We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.