Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centered around building a platform for long-term success, including our new world-class stadium.
The Club operates out of multiple facilities, including Lilywhite House, where the position of Sales Director is based. Working with the Chief Commercial Officer, the Sales Director will oversee the Commercial sales team and focus on driving revenue through opportunities around sponsorships and Sales.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- Working with the Chief Commercial Officer, support in the monetisation and implementation of commercial strategies in line with the Clubs’ goals and objectives
- Conducting analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (including naming rights, sponsorship deals, media and tours)
- Build and drive an effective Sponsorship Sales Team to create, negotiate and sell unique sponsorship inventory that is sold through the creation of mutually beneficial partnerships with the world’s most prominent brands. Such partnerships should fit within the Club’s brand values and deliver long-term business value to the Club.
- Lead the business solutions and commercial insights team. Analyse and drive potential commercial opportunities in line with the long-term objectives of the Club.
- Working with the Chief Commercial Officer to drive the selling of the Stadium naming rights and deliver a world class and long-term partnership.
- Lead multiple teams and drive team performance through effective management of key KPIs.
- Drive the sales team to sell and capitalise revenue in various channels including digital and social media, media, content distribution, tours and global football development.
- Collaborating with the Chief Commercial Officer to implement strategies and growth for the Club.
- Monitor and drive performance of commercial activities using key metrics.
- Establishing and maintaining long-term, profitable partnerships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Managing and monitoring financial targets and budget development
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas.
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates.
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility.
- Generate innovative ideas and strive to deliver the highest standard of service as possible.
- Value and respect others: building relationships and working well within a team environment.
- Alert –attentive and observant, able to make decisions quickly and adapting to situations.
- Proactive – think ahead rather than simply reacting in the moment.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience as Sales Director or similar relevant role.
- Proven experience in building and managing relationships.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Deep knowledge and experience in selling naming rights.
- Ability to sell multi-million sponsorship packages.
- Ability to manage and lead on building sponsorship sales team.
- Managing and leading on the business solutions and commercial insights team
- Experience selling digital and social media.
- Experience in team tours
- Knowledge on venue booking and 3rd party events.
- Extensive insight in media sales and content distribution.
- International sales experience or working in multiple markets.