Sales and Partnerships Executive
Job title: Sales and Partnerships Executive
Department: Commercial Department
Based at: Ewood Park Stadium, Nuttall St, Blackburn, BB2 4JF.
Reports to: Head of Commercial
Hours of work: 35 hours per week plus all home matchdays and any additional hours necessary for the performance of duties. This will include any other relevant business event as and when required.
Contractual Status: Permanent
To source new commercial partners.
Duties and responsibilities:
· To be committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of all staff, customers and clients of the Club;
· To build a pipeline of new sales opportunities through proactive calling and networking;
· Maintain a full understanding of our product inventory and offerings to the market;
· To source and close new business;
· Plan sales activities to achieve key performance indictors (KPI’s) and targets;
· To create bespoke sales and partnership proposals as well as selling existing inventory;
· To work closely with the Hospitality Department to assist with growth of revenue attached to this area;
· To identify profitable sales and commercial opportunities to grow revenue/income at the Club;
· Respond to and follow up sales enquiries and leads;
· Generate reports to feedback on sales performance;
· Attend networking events;
· Log all information in a CRM;
· To make commercial recommendations to the Head of Commercial;
· To contribute to marketing and commercial communications strategy including direct mail, digital, e-comms and social media; and
· Work with customers and internal partnerships team to ensure their needs are met to ensure excellent customer service is achieved and build strong customer relationships,
3. Skills required:
· Commercially astute and customer focused approach with desire to sell;
· Ability to negotiate and influence with a proven strategic aptitude;
· Inquisitive nature that wants to learn more about people’s businesses;
· Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively using own initiative;
· Excellent and strong presentation and IT skills including the use of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
· Excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
· Excellent social media skills and understand how to maximise sources such as LinkedIn to generate interest and sales;
· Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection; and
· A high degree of self-motivation and ambition.
· Knowledge in sales and commercial with a proven track record of working within a sales/commercial and partnership department;
· Knowledge of sales strategy formulation and implementation; and
Knowledge of the football business, the Club and its history.
· 5 GCSE’s A*-C/9-4 or equivalent;
· Educated to degree level in a relevant subject; and
· Proven track record of working within a sales position.
DBS check required:Yes (basic)