Location: St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton with up to 40% home working as standard.
Hours: Full time, core hours 08:00-16:00 Mon-Fri, with flexible start/finish times if needed.
Due to the nature of the role, some weekend and evening work is required.
Contract Type: Permanent
Criminal Record Check: Enhanced with Child List
We look for people with integrity, compassion and support for those around them; people who take pride in what they do with an honest approach, who embrace a challenge while also being accountable for their decisions; people who have the energy and passion to bring an innovative approach to their role and strive to be different from the rest; people with the aspiration to lead the way and become an example to others.
What will you be doing?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Southampton Football Club in the newly created role of Safeguarding Manager.
This role will be working with the Head of Safeguarding and Governance to ensure that the club has robust safeguarding arrangements in place, building a pro-active and safe environment across all areas of the football club. This role has responsibility for the operational delivery of the club’s safeguarding strategy and will help to oversee the Saints Foundation, Academy, workforce and matchday safeguarding arrangements.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Working with both key internal and external stakeholders and teams, statutory agencies, the FA and Premier League.
- Leading the co-ordination of internal and external audits and strive to align delivery against the Premier League’s Safeguarding Standards.
- Ensuring staff are supported and trained to feel comfortable and confident to report any safeguarding concerns and worries, including delivery of the club’s safeguarding training matrix.
- Leading on the club’s safeguarding case management and where necessary make external referrals to professional agencies.
- Managing the club’s network of safeguarding champions and seek opportunities to support learning and development.
- Leading on the operational delivery of the club’s mental and emotional wellbeing strategy and action plan.
Is this you?
We are looking for a motivated and committed candidate who always considers how the voice of the child or vulnerable adult is included in decision making, who adopts a person-centred approach while recognising the rights of the child/adult to make informed choices.
Candidates may bea expected to support match days and events where neccessary with the potential inclusion of supporting some larger events at evenings or weekends.
- Must have a strong background in safeguarding case management and be comfortable in making safe defendable decisions.
- Be confident in building and leading teams to develop a strong safeguarding culture.
- Be able to demonstrate a pro-active and engaging response to problem solving.
- Be engaging and approachable.
- Be able to carry out tasks accurately, with a good eye for detail.
- Be committed to personal development.
- Be able to contribute to building a positive team spirit and support an environment that encourages creative thinking and continual improvement.
- Be confident in using Microsoft Teams, power point, excel and word software packages.
What we can do for you
Giving you the right balance in your life is important to us, and our benefits are designed to complement this – from 2 free match tickets for every home league game, free breakfast and afternoon snacks on site, discounts at local shops and restaurants, an Employee Assistance Programme and mental health first aiders for when things get tough, to specialist support with professional development and access to a world of internal and external training courses and professional qualifications.
How can I apply?
Just click on the link below, enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire, then attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is Friday 30th September 2022.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*