Safeguarding and Welfare Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced candidate to join the safeguarding team at Norwich City Football Club in the role of Safeguarding and Welfare Manager.
The successful candidate will support the Head of Safeguarding to deliver the Club’s safeguarding strategy and manage contextual safeguarding risks within a elite sporting environment. The Safeguarding and Welfare Manager will be based primarily at the Lotus Training Centre to ensure our Academy safeguarding arrangements are aligned with football regulatory standards, Keeping Children Safe in Education, and other statutory guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have a strong safeguarding and/or pastoral experience with demonstrable evidence of driving strategies to ensure that safeguarding. arrangements are effective and meet industry standards. Collaborative working and developing relationships with stakeholders are a key aspect of the role. Experience of working within a professional sports environment and experience of care assessment processes are desired.
Key tasks/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To promote safer working practice and maintain a culture whereby safeguarding is recognised as a shared responsibility.
- To work to create an inclusive and wellbeing-focused culture in accordance with the Club’s ‘A Home for Everyone’ Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) campaign and champion the Club’s Statement of Commitment for EDI.
- To effectively manage safeguarding risks to mitigate individual and organisational harms.
- To develop education resources which will ensure that relevant staff and stakeholders are kept informed of relevant safeguarding learning.
- To effectively lead the Club’s DSO Network.
- To lead on the management of Academy safeguarding concerns and to co-ordinate multi-disciplinary responses to mitigate risk.
- To develop a strong listening Culture and to consult with CYP, Parents/Carers/Staff to enrich the Academy experience and maximise player growth.
- To effectively coordinate the Academy Care and Accommodation Provision (CAP) through safer recruitment, suitable placements, care plans, training, assessments, and regular reviews to ensure the highest standards of care are met.
- To contribute to the Academy out of hours commitment and tour schedule, including occasional overseas and overnight travel.
- Strong safeguarding and welfare experience
- Experience in managing safeguarding concerns and keeping comprehensive records of progress and investigation outcomes
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Safeguarding Qualification or relevant experience
- Knowledge/experience of working within a professional sport environment
- Experience of undertaking care assessment processes
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join the Canaries, click here: https://careers.canaries.co.uk/Apply/QXB5a362wbGljYXRpb24gRm9ybSAtIFJlZ3VsYXRlZCBBY3Rpdml0eXw2MXw0MTEzNzR8MXx8RmFsc2V8MTU5OXwyMjY5NzE2fDA%3d?i=roAhFIKbn0c%3d to become our Safeguarding and Welfare Manager.
Closing date: 09.00 on Friday 09 June 2023
Norwich City Football Club are committed to ensuring equal opportunities are given to all and welcomes applications from all areas of the community regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
Norwich City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the workplace. Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this post. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.