At Manchester United we aim to be the best on and off the pitch – and the quality of our behind-the-scenes team sets us apart from the competition.
Our people are as committed to the success of the company as the players are to winning trophies. We offer a unique and exciting working environment, excellent training, with recognition and rewards for the part each individual plays.
To contribute to the continued expansion and development of the recruitment analysis team at Manchester United Football Club, with the specific purpose of identifying players who demonstrate the potential to play for the first team.
- To contribute towards the administration and delivery of a comprehensive performance analysis service, with a specific emphasis on player recruitment.
- To code and analyse the playing performance of potential scouting targets in specific countries and regions.
- To rigorously generate quantitative and qualitative data that supports decision making in the identification of players with the potential to play for MUFC.
- To work with the recruitment analysis team to collate and analyse MUFC specific technical, tactical, and physical benchmarks.
- To contribute to ongoing research that supports the continuous strive toward implementing best practice performance analysis methodologies.
- A Bsc degree in sports science or a relevant vocational qualification and experience that provides an understanding of the technical and tactical demands of professional football.
- Previous experience of formal training in research methods.
- Expertise in the analysis of professional players.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work with total discretion.
- Previous experience in using performance analysis systems and software (e.g., Sportscode, Angles, Wyscout, Tableau).
- Previous experience of using the creative cloud suite of products (After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign, and Premier Pro).
- Ability to work on own initiative, unsupervised and as an effective team member.
- The ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner and practical approach to problem solving.
- A willingness to work flexible hours in accordance with the demands of the role.
- Previous experience working in a professional football club would be adventagous.
This ad will expire on the 24/05/2022.