Professional Development Phase Coach
At Forest Green Rovers we are at the forefront of something new! FIFA have described us as the Greenest Football Club in the World. We’re the world’s first and only vegan football club and we’re the first club on the planet to be certified carbon neutral by the United Nations. At Forest Green Rovers we aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
We are excited to be looking for a Professional Development Phase coach to join our Academy team. The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting in the coaching of the U18 squad following the Academy coaching curriculum and aligning with the club’s coaching and playing philosophies.
- Contributing to the daily/weekly planning for the U18 squad.
- Supporting the development and delivery of Individual Learning Plans for the U18 players.
- Attending team meetings to feedback on player performance and development needs.
- Logging coaching sessions and evaluations on the PMA.
- Completing match reports, including playing minutes on the PMA.
- Providing group and individual analysis for players on Hudl.
- Contributing to Academy Management Team Meetings.
- Supporting the coaching of the U16 age-group.
- Assisting in the delivery of player and parent reviews.
This role involves working with children. This means that the post-holder is required to apply all relevant policies and uphold the Club’s commitment to safeguarding.
ANY OTHER DUTIES
The successful candidate may at times be required to carry out additional tasks not outlined in this job description.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Hold a minimum UEFA A Licence
- FA Advanced youth Award
- FA Safeguarding Children Certificate
- Experience working in an Academy
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- D1 Driving License
- Previous experience in a Category 3 Academy
- Experience using PMA and Hudl