Player Care and Support Officer
Norwich City Football Club are seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to join the Academy team in the role of Player Care and Support Officer.
The purpose of the role is to support and facilitate the personal growth of players in the PDP, YDP and FDP through focus on a range of areas, including but not limited to induction and transitions, mental and emotional pastoral wellbeing, accommodation management and player/parent voice. This is an excellent role for someone who is a strategic researcher, planner, organiser and co-ordinator, with a high level of integrity and professionalism to maintain confidentiality.
Key tasks/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with internal and external agencies to devise a Life skills training programme that supports all players growth to become self-sufficient, resilient and an independent both personally and professionally.
- Ensure that Academy players are trained under the Full-Time Training Model and/or Professional Development Phase has the opportunity to engage in activities outside the Academy
- Devise and implement one or more mechanisms to invite and receive feedback from Academy players and parents, for example a complaints procedure
- Work with the Inclusion and Wellbeing Officer to deliver training to its Academy Players and Staff on equality, inclusion and diversity
- Work as part of the MDT to safely induct new players to its development programme, catering for individual and specific needs
- Lead the player induction for all trialists, cooperating with the relevant teams to ensure a comfortable and positive visit to the Club
- Create and maintain a monitoring process at the Academy that ensures players are fully equipped in the transition from trialist to registered player
- Support and collaborate with the MDT on the end journey strategy that proactively supports players onto their next steps
- Put in place with MDT team the pre-emptive support and procedures in order to educate Players and Parents on alternative pathways and supplementary education alongside football
- Play an active role in the Academy Designated Safeguarding Officers network.
- Produce and manage a PDP accommodation plan, complete with accommodation identification, education and review
- Attend PDP, YDP and FDP tours, tournaments and overnight competitions, leading on personal care and welfare of the players throughout
The ideal candidate will have a strong safeguarding and/or pastoral experience with demonstrable evidence of leading and implementing change. Additionally, candidates should have experience of undertaking care assessment processes, and knowledge of working within a professional sports environment is desirable.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join the Canaries, click ‘Apply’ now on https://careers.canaries.co.uk/Apply/UGV97ac3ybWFuZW50IEFwcGxpY2F0aW9uIEZvcm18NjF8MjI5Mzc0fDF8fEZhbHNlfDE1OTl8MTE3MzA2OXww?i=6XvrkINYsaU%3d to become our Player Care and Support Officer!
Closing date: Friday 28 January 2022
Norwich City Football Club are committed to ensuring equal opportunities are given to all and welcomes applications from all areas of the community regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
Norwich City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the workplace. Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this post. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.