PHYSIOTHERAPISTS / SPORTS THERAPISTS - EVENINGS & WEEKENDS PART-TIME
The Club is seeking qualified Physiotherapists or Sports Therapists to deliver the provision of physiotherapy services for our Academy squads. You will provide Match day, Clinic and Tournament medical cover for all games/sessions within the Foundation Phase & Youth Development Phase.
Working within our multidisciplinary team you will support the delivery of injury prevention and rehabilitation programmes that will maximise player performance, enhance recovery and reduce injury risk.
As a minimum you will hold a BSc degree in Physiotherapy or in Sports Therapy and the ATMMIF/ ITMMIF Qualification. You will also have in date FA Safeguarding certification.
Exceptional communication skills and a highly organised approach are essential requirements for this role.
Other duties will include but not be limited to:
- To provide Match Day cover to all players in YDP/FP phase (mostly Sundays with some midweek games);
- To provide Clinic cover as required to all players in YDP/FP phase (evenings and weekends);
- To provide Medical consultation and management of team during overseas or home tournaments;
- To liaise with coaching staff regarding load management of players during phases of physical development;
- Work with full time U9-16 Physiotherapist to provide treatment and rehabilitation plan during any modified training regime;
- Communicate with full time staff to provide detailed handover for all players in FP & YDP phase;
- Support delivery of injury prevention/rehabilitation sessions during clinic times as required;
- Liaise and co-ordinate the with the appropriate people (including parents) to facilitate external medical management (NHS or Private Healthcare) of all players in FP & YDP phase;
- Deliver individual and group injury prevention exercise sessions for the Academy squads based on their individual needs as required;
- To support the transition of FP & YDP players into the PDP phase co-ordinating with relevant staff on the players previous medical and movement history;
- Keep accurate up to date records of all injuries sustained by players as well as all treatment, prevention and rehabilitation sessions and record them on the club medical database PMA;
- Maintain excellent communication and inter-departmental collaboration with all other facets of the Academy to ensure that the standards expected through the EPPP are upheld at all times;
- Take part in CPD sessions with the team, contributing to the research and development aspect of paediatric sports medicine within FFC’s elite development programme;
- Undertake training and development courses to keep up to date with current research and developments in sports medicine and progress through stages of personal progression;
- Ensure that your practice is in keeping with all current government and Fulham Football Club guidance in relation to COVID-19; and
- Ensure that you are able to implement in a safe and effective manner the responsibilities outlined in the Academy COVID-19 operation policy, the COVID-19 Medical risk assessment and specific COVID-19 Medical EAP’s.
The successful candidate /s will be required to work evenings and weekends which will include Saturday and Sunday matches.
Fulham Football Club is committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
If you are tenacious, resilient, and passionate about your profession and can add value to our Team, then please apply by filling in the attached application form and submitting your CV to: email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org