Performance Marketing Executive
Location: St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton (with up to 40% home working)
Hours: Full time, core hours 10:00-16:00 Mon-Fri with flexible start and finish times.
Contract Type: Permanent
Criminal Record Check: Basic check
Your next role
As Southampton Football Club’s Performance Marketing Executive, you will play a key role in running a range of paid social, online display and paid search marketing campaigns helping to achieve the goals of the Commercial Marketing team.
Working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager, CRM and Commercial Marketing teams you will help deliver and optimise digital marketing campaigns across retail, ticketing, hospitality and partnership marketing.
You will help us drive revenue, engage with our fans and build awareness, by delivering campaigns using the most effect digital channels and continuously testing and learning the best approaches to creative, copy and optimisation strategies.
Specifically, the role involves:
- Building and delivering digital marketing campaigns across our attendance marketing products (Season Tickets, match tickets, matchday hospitality), memberships, retail and partnerships business areas.
- Assisting on delivering the season-long digital marketing campaign plan, and help increase awareness, promote engagement and generate leads.
- Researching new and emerging digital channels to add to the portfolio to enable the club to continue to increase awareness and drive direct revenue.
- Helping to ensure we’re correctly forecasting and managing campaign budgets effectively.
- Working closely with wider marketing, brand, commercial and digital teams to ensure we’re maximising the performance of campaigns across the season.
- Following a test and learn framework, continually optimising the approach to building and delivering digital campaigns.
- Presenting post-campaign wrap-up reports to the wider teams, ensuring insights are understood and acted upon.
Is this you?
If you have hands on digital platform experience and love to be in the know about the key digital channels and know how to navigate your way around building campaigns across them, you could be the person we’re looking for.
- Practical digital platform experience
- Degree in Marketing or Communications, or equivalent experience.
- Passion for Learning - digital marketing is ever evolving. Platforms change and adapt weekly. We’d love you to be passionate about keeping up to date with new changes and trends and thinking about how they may impact our output.
- Proactive – we’re looking for someone who shows a willingness and energy to get involved, learn and suggest new ideas for us to investigate and develop.
- Analytical Mind – we want you to be obsessed with driving better results daily, figuring out the best way of doing that along the way through continuous testing and learning.
- Confident with Numbers & Spreadsheets - marketing is a data-driven pursuit. You must be happy with looking at a table of figures and be able to glean insights from what you see.
- Be an Organised Team Player – you’ll be expected to work across multiple teams and departments, always thinking about how best to deliver our campaigns to achieve the wide-ranging club goals.
How this benefits you…
If you are successful, you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
- 25 days’ holiday per year.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
How can I apply?
Just click on the link below, enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire, then attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is Monday 3 October.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*