Partnership Development Manager (Asia)
Founded in 1882 and based in North London, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club has a tradition of playing an entertaining and attacking style of football. The English Premier League Club reached the final of the UEFA Champions League for the first time in its history in the 2018/2019 season, having already secured qualification for Europe’s elite competition for a fourth year in a row.
In April 2019, the Club opened a new 62,303-seat technologically advanced stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and as a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, rugby, concerts and other corporate and private events, is a key step towards catapulting the Club from a Football Club to a globally renown Sports and Entertainment brand. Within the stadium sits the Tottenham Experience – home to both Europe’s largest Club retail store and a range of visitor attractions, including the newly launched stadium rooftop adventure, Dare Skywalk.
The Club is seeking a Partnership Development Manager to work with the Head of Partnership Development and wider commercial team to develop and drive new sponsorship packages and revenues against the wider commercial strategy in Asia.
The role will be based in Asia, however, exact location within the region is to be confirmed, so someone who is either living in Asia or willing to relocate is sought after.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- Research and identify potential commercial partners for the Club within the region across a wide range of industries and business types.
- Alongside the Head of Partnership Development, complete negotiations with potential partners on terms approved by the Club.
- Cultivating new commercial partners to ensure sponsor revenue growth.
- Supported by the Graphic Designer, develop dynamic presentations and concepts for use in presentations and pitches.
- Support in the contracting process, working with key stakeholders including Head of Partnership Development and Head of Legal.
- Ensure timely reporting, upkeep and management of CRM systems.
- Monitor and drive KPIs .
- Establishing and maintaining long-term, profitable partnerships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- A natural self-starter with the ability to work autonomously within the region and across the partnership development process.
- An established network of key decision makers within the region.
- A strong knowledge of partnership building and understanding the value of marketing solutions.
- An ability to manage, assess and translate data as part of the partnership development process.
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas.
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates.
- Generate innovative ideas and strive to deliver the highest standard of service as possible.
- Value and respect others: building relationships and working well within a team environment.
- Alert –attentive and observant, able to make decisions quickly and adapting to situations.
- Proactive – think ahead rather than simply reacting in the moment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working within the region.
- Extensive experience as a Partnership Development Manager, Sponsorship Sales Manager or similar relevant role with the sports, media or entertainment sector.
- A network across key decision makers within global brands.
- Proven experience in building and managing relationships.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to sell multi-million £ sponsorship packages.
- Languages essential.