Part time Academy Coach
Job title: Part-time Academy Coach
Department: Academy Coaching
Based at: Blackburn Rovers Academy, BB6 8BA.
Reports to: Head of Coaching and Senior Phase Coach
Responsible for: N/A
Hours of work: A minimum of 12 hours per week plus any additiaonl hours necessary for the performance of duties. This will include regular evening and weekend work.
Job purpose: Responsible for shaping the success and future development of all players across the Academy. This will involve various methods of development both on and off the pitch.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To be committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of all elite players, promoting their well-being whilst maintaining professional boundaries;
- To create a positive learning environment for all players on both training and match days;
- To work with players implementing best practice at all times through both team and individual practices;
- Perform match day duties with the team and support on the management of matches;
- Support other coaches as and when required;
- Flexibility and adaptability to work with different age groups when required;
- To ensure that the coaching follows the recommended Academy footballing philosophy and technical programme;
- To liaise with players and parents in a professional manner;
- To conduct 2x parent evenings per year;
- Attend relevant induction evenings for the players;
- Provide feedback on each individual player as part of the player handover process;
- Provide feedback on each player and be involved in the decision making process in relation to retain and release of players both registered and trialists;
- To liaise with the Recruitment Department regarding trialists;
- To be responsible for logging coaching sessions and evaluation sheets onto the Academy Performance Management Application (PMA) system and Sports Session Planner;
- To complete and compile match reports including player grades, register and minutes on the pitch onto the PMA system;
- Work with the Performance Analysis Department to implement the use of the Hudl software;
- To undertake the specific Individual Development Plan recommended by the Academy;
- Complete all Coach Competency Framework (CCF) requirements and attend Academy Continuous Professional Development (CPD) events;
- To carry out any other duties the Head of Academy, Head of Coaching or Senior Phase Coach may reasonably properly assign or delegate in connection with the business of the Club from time to time.
- Ability to coach and work with energy and enthusiasm to inspire young players to be the best they can be;
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to enhance the holistic development of each individual player;
- Highly organised;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet set deadlines;
- Ability to use a variety of communication methods;
- Ability to manage people with integrity, honesty and empathy at times when required;
- Ability to set goals, monitor and evaluate performance;
- Time management skills;
- Ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve; and
- IT literate to use the PMA system and produce reports.
- Safeguarding awareness and knowledge of procedures;
- Knowledge of developing academy and young players;
- Knowledge of delivering practical sessions;
- Knowledge of various coaching methods / strategies to get the best out of players;
- Knowledge of how players learn;
- Knowledge of the EPPP; and
- Knowledge of an Academy system in an elite sporting environment.
- UEFA B Licence (essential);
- FA Youth Modules 1,2,3;
- Advanced Youth Award (desirable/working towards);
- FA Safeguarding; and
- FA First Aid qualification (BFAS).
DBS check required: Yes (enhanced)
The document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
Equality and Diversity
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The job holder will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.