Media and Communications Coordinator (MAT Cover)
Location: Carrow Road, Norwich, NR1 1JE. Regular travel to Lotus Training Centre will be required.
Contract and hours: 12 months fixed term contract. 40 hours per week.
Start date: September / October 2023.
Salary: £23,540 per annum, plus company benefits.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious candidate to join the Communications team at Norwich City Football Club in the role of Media and Communications Coordinator.This is a fixed term contract for a period of 12 months.
Key tasks/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help field and manage communications with media and other Norwich City stakeholders with competence, discretion, and tact.
- Help the communications team fulfil its contractual media obligations, including pre and post-match interviews, broadcast windows and mixed zone requirements, under governing body/competition rules. This could include at both Norwich City home and away matches and at the Lotus Training Centre.
- Liaise with media under the direction of the Head of Media and Communications to co-ordinate arrangements for media conferences, interview opportunities and other department events.
- Keep an updated record of all completed media obligations and events during the season.
- Help administer and oversee media accreditation and facilities for matchdays at Carrow Road. This will include using the national online accreditation systems, i-PBS and i-BAS to produce media access passes.
- Undertake media room matchday duties, including hosting and welcoming accredited media to Carrow Road, making sure they are assisted with queries, technology and appropriate access to facilities.
- Support the club in fulfilling and promoting Norwich City’s community and PR objectives. This will include working closely with the Community Sports Foundation and other stakeholders to administer and support club initiatives such as Community Heroes, charity-related works and annual events such as Global Canaries Day, Armed Forces Day, Kick It Out matchday etc.
- Maintain an effective and relevant media contact directory of local, national and international media.
- Oversee and manage requests and briefs for club photographers.
- To be present at games and Club events as and when required.
- To welcome and demonstrate the Club values to media, broadcasters and fans who visit Carrow Road and Lotus Training Centre.
- To act in a manner that supports the club’s values of Growth, Integrity, Belonging, Resilience, Pride and Commitment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for liasing with external media to ensure the smooth running of the communications strategy and operations at the Club.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join the Canaries, click ‘Apply’ now to become our Media and Communications Coordinator!
Closing date: Friday 30 June 2023
Norwich City Football Club are committed to ensuring equal opportunities are given to all and welcomes applications from all areas of the community regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
Norwich City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the workplace. Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this post. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.