Matchday Safety Steward
There are currently vacancies at AFC Bournemouth for matchday safety stewards.
Matchday Safety Steward
About the role
AFC Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity to grow its stewarding team and are looking for enthusiastic candidates to be an integral part of AFC Bournemouth’s matchdays, helping to keep all persons present at Vitality Stadium safe to enjoy the excitement of competing in the Sky Bet Championship.
- To provide an excellent service to home and visiting supporters
- To attend all pre-match briefings
- Carry out pre-event safety checks
- Attend all training required by the club
- Implement the EFL’s ground regulations
- Maintain a safe environment while ensuring a good matchday experience for all persons present
- Controlling or directing people who are entering or leaving the stadium, to do so in a safe manner
- To represent the club’s welcoming and friendly ethos; to provide information and assistance as required
- Recognising potential issues and reporting them to a supervisor or the control room
- Staffing entrances exits and other strategic points to, from and within the stadium
- Ensuring and maintaining that all safe exit routes remain clear during the progress of the specified activity
- Undertaking specific duties in an emergency, or as otherwise directed by the safety officer
- Assisting in the safe operation of the ground, not to view the activity taking place; and understanding the general responsibilities towards health and safety, including any specific Covid-19 measures that may be in place
- Assisting to ensure safeguarding of all persons present, including vulnerable adults, children and themselves
- Checking accreditation in restricted areas and ensuring only those authorised to do so have access
- Ensure a full report of any incidents is accurately completed before finishing duties
- Acquire a good knowledge of stadium layout
- To be the first point of call for any incidents or issues in the stadium
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters you follow and actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club
- Possess or be willing to undertake NVQ Level 2 in spectator safety, such training to be provided by the club
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including a calm approach to difficult situations
- A strong desire to work as part of a team to deliver a safe and enjoyable matchday
- Please note you may be required to complete a DBS check for this role
- This role is on a casual worker contract basis and will be renewed seasonally
- Shifts are normally five hours on a match day, with three hours of reporting duty and two hours for the duration of the match
- Report time for a 3pm kick-off will be 12pm.
- Finish time for a 3pm kick-off is between 5pm and 5.15pm
- Report time for a 7.45 kick-off is normally 4.45pm
- Finish time for a 7.45 kick-off is normally between 9.45pm and 10pm
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women, and individuals from Black, Asian and Mixed-Heritage backgrounds.
For further information on accessibility within the stadium please contact us.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to protecting all children, young persons, and adults at risk in its care or attending its premises and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
We strive to create a positive and safe environment and ensure all who interact with the club feel safe, protected, and heard.