Job title: Marketing Manager
Department: Marketing Department
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Responsible for: N/A
Hours of work: A minimum of 35 hours per week plus any additional hours necessary for the performance of duties. This may include evening and weekend work.
Contractual status: Permanent
Job purpose: To work alongside and support the Head of Marketing to manage and develop the brand, originate and deliver effective strategies to maximise fan and commercial revenues across all platforms.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Management and execution of major campaigns to day-to-day promotional and tactical activity across digital and traditional platforms;
- Includes origination, creative briefing, pricing, execution, implementation across a range of platforms, print sourcing and buying and design process management;
- Integration with the Media Department regarding social, website and copy briefing;
- Managing the Blackburn Rovers brand and protecting its integrity and value on a day-to-day basis;
- Data analysis – to provide customer insight and inform future campaigns through platform and data analytics;
- Manage the implementation of the Club’s digital strategy. Managing the working relationships and content of all relevant platforms;
- Budget management and cost control on a day-to-day basis;
- Inventory and content management (both offsite and at Ewood) –ticketing site, Roverstore site, digital screens (lounge, roadside, big screen, concourse and perimeter LED), official website and social media and official Club engagement app;
- Develop and grow the Club’s membership schemes - direct communications and benefit implementation (1875, Junior Rovers);
- Community Trust – integrating marketing initiatives with the Club;
- Prioritising and delivering content and communication across ticketing, retail, commercial and hospitality;
- EFL contractual marketing implementation;
- Single Sign On – overseeing full platform integration;
- Event promotion and communications;
- Researching and gaining industry insight into new platforms to market Club campaigns and initiatives;
- Analysing and adapting campaign creative and platforms to ensure they are effective;
- Judging supporter emotion to take advantage in periods of high receptiveness and engagement with the Club;
- Management of graphic designer’s workload ensuring key brand guidelines and consistencies are adhered to;
- Creative briefing of graphic design and video content;
- Ensuring the Club’s platforms and retail sites provide a seamless user experience; and
- Work with the Club’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) to assist in ensuring the completion of the relevant legal paperwork for new integrations and projects.
- The ability to be flexible to meet the business requirements;
- The ability to manage budgets and cost control;
- Strong technical capability across digital and social platforms;
- The ability to work with and across multiple department and sites productively;
- Strong time management and organisational skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Copy writing, reading and editing skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- The ability to multitask and adapt to changing environment;
- A professional manner, positive attitude and ability to learn; and
- The ability to work at a fast pace on multiple projects, proactive, enthusiastic and creative with keen eye for attention-to-detail.
Skills / Knowledge required:
- High level of knowledge in Marketing with a proven track record of working in a Marketing role within a sporting environment;
- Previous experience and knowledge of managing and developing loyalty and membership programmes; and
- Knowledge of football marketing, the Club and its history.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (professional Marketing related qualification preferred);
- Proven track record of working within a Marketing position.
DBS check required: Yes (basic)
The document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
How to Apply
Due to high-levels of interest, this post may close early so early application is advised, otherwise the closing date for this role is 12:00 noon on Friday 24th September 2021.
Equality and Diversity
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The job holder will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.