Marketing Executive - Global Fan Engagement
13 / 02
The purpose of this role is to create and deliver fan experience events and matchdays for the club, to drive engagement with the club’s global fan base.
JOB TITLE: Marketing Executive
DEPARTMENT: Fan Engagement - Marketing
REPORTING TO: Global Fan Experience Lead
JOB FUNCTION: The purpose of this role is to create and deliver fan experience events and matchdays for the club, to drive engagement with the club’s global fan base.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
LOCATION: Main Location: Stamford Bridge - Other Location: Cobham + Kingsmeadow
CONTRACT: Permanent – 35 hours a week
PLAY YOUR PART (Main Responsibilities):
• To deliver a portfolio of world class physical and virtual events experiences.
• To propose and create cutting edge event concepts in line with current trends to elevate the global fan experience.
• To support the matchday experience delivery at both Stamford Bridge and Kingsmeadow including required administrative tasks.
• To work with the Events Manager, supporting in the planning and delivery key cultural moments, competition finals and overseas fan experience.
• To drive collaborative working, building strong business relationships with key club internal and external stakeholders.
• Manage budgets for allocated events and matchdays ensuring documentation and PO are kept up to date.
• Commitment to working weekends & evenings – in line with the fixture schedule, the duties of the post require weekend and evening work to meet the needs of the agreed programme of events.
DO THE RIGHT THING (Our Expectations):
• To demonstrate and live by the club’s values; Here to Win, Be Brave, Do the Right Thing, Play Your Part, Many Teams, One Club and Proud to Be Chelsea
• To adhere to the club’s policies and procedures, including Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and GDPR.
• To act as an ambassador for diversity, equality, and inclusion, and demonstrate a positive commitment by treating others fairly in line with our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policy and reporting any acts of discrimination through appropriate channels
• To create a safe environment and act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are either in your care or attending club premises, and report any concerns to the Safeguarding Lead.
• To report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the HR Department.
HERE TO WIN (Measures of Performance):
Planning & Operation
• Robust documentation all of processes & procedures created and adhered to for events and matchdays.
• Successful engagement proposals and delivery for all cultural activations e.g. Remembrance Day, Rainbow Laces, Chinese New Year, Partnership Activations etc.
• Ensure best practise with event agencies to maximise budget allocation.
Fan Events & Global Tours:
• Provide support for delivering all fan events domestically and internationally as required.
PROUD TO BE CHELSEA (Person Specification):
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in the organisation and delivery of fan events in sports or entertainment arena.
• Experience in delivering virtual events, ideally to a global audience.
• Tech & AV knowledge alongside creative & production experience.
• Robust understanding of Health & Safety and safeguarding practises.
• A passion for live events with an active interest in understanding key industry trends.
Skills and Behaviours:
• Strong organisational and administrative skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects.
• Team player who is collaborative in approach.
• Excellent communicator with high attention to detail.
• Creative thinker who can work through problems with a solution-based mindset.
• Able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders around the Club.
• Computer literate with experience using excel, word, databases and PowerPoint.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.
This Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive; the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.