Management Accountant - Manchester United Foundation
Manchester United Foundation uses football to engage and inspire young people to build a better life for themselves and unite the communities in which they live. Dedicated staff deliver football coaching, educational programmes and personal development, providing young people with opportunities to change their lives for the better.
To provide full accounting support to the Director of Finance and Compliance at Manchester United Foundation.
- To produce monthly management accounts for the Foundation to final review stage.
- Line management members of staff.
- Manage, monitor and evaluate the two assistants’ activities.
- Assist in the production of annual financial accounts by preparing the audit backup file and liaising with our auditors on queries.
- Prepare information relevant for budget holder monthly management accounts meetings and lead the meetings as required.
- Identify opportunities for improving current reporting and implement changes required.
- Completion and submission of official returns and reports for funders and government bodies
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- To carry out control account reconciliations as required monthly.
- To use analytical expertise to improve the reporting and interpretation of participant data.
- Qualified CIMA or equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience as a Management Accountant or similar role.
- Strong proficiency in financial software and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
If you would like to join the team and be part of our mission, to win the United way, please submit your application by Sunday 19th November.
Manchester United endeavour to respond to all job applications, however, please consider that we receive a high volume of applications, and this may not always possible.
We recognise the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk at Manchester United, as part of this commitment this post is required to have a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level, as well as full reference history.
Manchester United is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to background, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or other legally protected characteristics.
Manchester United Football Club are proud to be a signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, supporting the armed forces community to transition into careers outside of the armed forces.
Manchester United is committed to working with and providing reasonable adjustments for applicants and employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application and perform at your best, please do not hesitate to contact us to make a request; we are here to help.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to you before applying for any of our roles. Your personal data will be processed on MU’s behalf by Morson.