Job title: Maintenance Supervisor
Based at: Ewood Park Stadium, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2 4JF
Reports to: Operations Work Manager
Responsible for: Maintenance and Waste Management Departments
Hours of work: A minimum of 40 hours per week plus home matchdays and any additional hours necessary for the performance of duties. This will include evening and weekend work.
Contract: Fixed term - 12 months
Job purpose: To oversee and supervise the maintenance and waste management departments to protect, maintain and improve all company properties and sites. To also work alongside all departments, managers, staff, contractors, outside agencies and stakeholders to facilitate and ensure the smooth running of all business agendas, procedures and match day programmes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To be committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of all stakeholders across the Club;
- To assist and support the Operations Work Manager and Stadium Control Administrator in all aspects of maintenance, repairs, refurbishments and management of staff to ensure adherence to quality standards and Health and Safety Regulations;
- To carry out hands on maintenance and repairs;
- To oversee pro-active and reactive maintenance and project work;
- To inspect sites regularly to identify any issues and/or necessary maintenance providing reports to the Stadium Control Department;
- To oversee and manage job schedules for the maintenance and waste management staff and to provide updates on progress and completion of duties;
- To ensure all weekly worksheets and reports are submitted in a timely and accurate manner;
- To oversee all match day duties including pre-match and post-match;
- To assist in the conservation of utilities;
- To liaise with outside agencies and specialist contractors when required;
- To oversee the control and maintenance of plant, machinery and stock, providing timely reports to the Stadium Control Department; and
- Any other duties as reasonably assigned by the Operations Work Manager from time to time.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to use own initiative;
- Excellent communication skills;
- To be adaptable to different situations and arising issues;
- The ability to make decisions using available resources and sound judgement;
- Computer literate;
- To maintain confidentiality and discretion;
- Numeracy skills;
- Excellent organisation and time management skills;
- To plan and implement change effectively;
- The ability to motivate staff towards goal attainment;
- Flexible approach to working; and
- The ability to build constructive professional relationships between all staff and team members.
- Knowledge and understating of safeguarding procedures and protocols;
- Previous experience of supervising a team;
- A broad knowledge of current legislation relating to waste management, health and safety and utility conservation; and
- Experience and understanding of building and construction trades, maintenance processes and equipment.
- 5 GCSE’s grade A*- C or equivalent;
- NVQ Level 3 or above (or equivalent) in building, construction, maintenance or any other appropriate field; and
- Any relevant management qualification (desirable).
DBS required: Yes (enhanced)
The document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
How to Apply
Due to high-levels of interest, this post may close early so early application is advised, otherwise the closing date for this role is 12 noon on Monday 27th September 2021.
Equality and Diversity
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The job holder will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.