The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Learning Designer to join our FA Education department. You will need to have strong creative learning design and development skills, to create effective learning experiences and resources across the learning landscape, embracing a human centred design and blended learning approach.
- Work with members of the Learning and Development team to design and build engaging and effective learning experiences and resources with a digital first mentality.
- Develop learning solutions and resources applying adult learning principles and human-centered design principles to create learning content that best fits the needs of the learner and business.
- Visualise, share and deliver creative ideas for learning through the creation of treatment documents, scripts, storyboarding, etc. to support the clarity of design intent.
- Support the digital agenda with creative ideas of how to move learning away from pure classroom activity.
- Write engaging, effective copy, adhering to a tone of voice and brand guidelines documentation.
- Design learning experiences and resources incorporating a blend of multi-media learning solutions.
- Use evaluation data to assess the impact of each learning experience and continuously improve solutions accordingly.
- Partner with subject matter experts to transform their knowledge to digestible and engaging learning content.
- Support the development of learner engagement strategies and evaluation plans.
- Promote a multipurpose approach to resource production.
- Effectively work with external agencies and suppliers as necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments and trends in learning, specifically digital learning.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group / FA Education's changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for?
- Experience of e-learning development or UI design.
- Experience of creating and writing treatment documents, scripts, storyboards and associated learning design documentation.
- Understanding of learning design, including blended learning and learning theories.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects, including those outsourced to external suppliers and agencies.
- Strong written skills and experience of using tone of voice and other editorial brand guidelines.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Flexible and 'can-do' attitude to work.
- Experience of a sporting organisation / association.
- Experience of working in an education/learning organisation.
- Understanding of human-centred design.
- Experience of using a learning management system and other social learning platforms.
- Experience in proof reading.
- Ability to code (html, react, etc.)
- Confident in challenging ways of approach to deliver the best outcomes for our learners.
What we can offer you?
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.