Lead Pre-Academy Coach
To work as part of a team in the design and delivery of the Pre-Academy Coaching program. working alongside the Lead Foundation Phase coach, Academy Manager and Head of Coaching. Taking a holistic approach to improve the player development of Pre-academy age players to progress them into the Foundation Phase Development program.
You will need to link with the Lead Foundation Phase coach, Academy Manager, Head of Coaching and other Development Phase coaches in the delivery of the program and individual players learning outcomes - providing a variety of fun games and life experiences allowing players to fall in love with Football and other elements in the formative years.
As a member of the Academy coaching team, the post holder will:
- Build on the club’s pre-academy coaching program by reviewing and designing the syllabus for all players in the Pre-Academy in line with the Foundation Phase vision and values.
- Support and deliver the coaching program for the Pre-Academy phase age players and be involved in all age groups across the Pre-Academy both in development sessions, games and other activities.
- Communicate and develop all part time coaches within Pre-Academy Phase age groups alongside the Lead Foundation Phase Coach.
- Work closely with Pre-Academy Recruitment manager to identify, recruit. monitor and develop players through the age groups and into Foundation phase.
- Develop outstanding relationships with parents through regular communication with an open and caring way of presenting the program. You will need to provide good feedback through informal and formal meetings, individual player reviews and reports.
- Working with Administration, recruitment, and other relevant staff to arrange a program of games and activities to meet the needs of the players, always being in line with youth development rules.
- Ensure weekly and concise communication is given to all parents and MDT staff to include the weekly program, timings and venue changes, transport and meet/pick up times.
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team of staff to ensure the program is run with good quality and good variety. MDT to include; Medical, Sports Science, Goalkeeping, Analysis and Player Care.
- Have a clear understanding of the Club Philosophy and Academy Performance Plan.
- Implement and maintain the Premier Leagues ‘Elite Player Performance Plan’ (EPPP) rules and regulations for the Youth Development Phase, making sure it underpins the work of the department.
- Update the Players feedback and reviews and be involved in 6-week reviews.
- Integrate with all Academy department staff to deliver a holistic development program for all players.
- Undertake enhancement of specific personal qualifications and all CPD provided by the Club and regulatory bodies.
- To contribute positively to the Clubs vision and culture.
- To promote and adhere to the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and to work consistently to embed ED&I into everything
- To ensure the working environment is free from harassment and discrimination and any other form of unacceptable behaviour
- To fully participate in one-to-ones and departmental reviews and meetings
- To fully participate in annual and mid term appraisals for all reporting staff
- To understand the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines and use this to ensure appropriate and safe working practices applicable to the role
- To carry out CPD and keep up to date with any training and updates relevant to the role
- To ensure the health & safety within the Club for self and others is adhered to at all time
- To carry out all responsibilities with due regard to the Club values and all policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- To undertake all required training, including mandatory Club Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and Health and Safety training.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or. the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands