LCFC Academy Head of Player Development
Based at the brand-new Leicester City Training Ground the Club have split what is usually called the Head of Coaching position into two roles, Head of Coach Development and Head of Academy Player Development. The Head of Academy Player Development is a pivotal and influential position within the academy. Working closely with the Academy Manager, Head of Coach Development and Lead Phase Coaches the role has overall responsibility for the football development of players in the academy from U9 to U18, the role will ensure that players transitioning into the U23 squad and First Team have the required technical ability and tactical knowledge to make an impact and continue their football pathway.
Who We’re Looking For
The successful candidate will be a leader who has extensive experience, an in-depth knowledge of young player development and proven track record in developing young players in professional football;
• To take overall responsibility to the technical development of players within the academy U9 – U18.
• To ensure that the football programme develops young people with the technical ability and tactical knowledge to progress through the academy and fulfil their potential.
• To ensure that the academy football programme inspires our young people and staff.
• To coordinate and oversee the release and retain recommendation process.
The successful candidate must adhere and communicate the Academy values to stakeholders whenever the opportunity arises.
• Integrity: Able to act in an ethical manner at all times, treat individuals with respect and demonstrate trustworthiness and honesty at all times.
• Innovation: Able to be forward thinking and strive to continuously improve our work.
• Inclusive: Be welcoming to all and create an environment of openness.
• Professionalism: The ability to maintain professionalism and a calm demeanor at all times.
• Pride: Take pride in your actions and decisions and exhibit enthusiasm and excellence.
• A commitment to continuing professional development
• Hold minimum UEFA A and Advanced Youth Award.
• Must pass an FA DBS check
• Extensive experience and proven track record in developing young players in an academy environment.
• Experience in leading and managing a team of staff.
• Completed or completing a development programme such as LMA Diploma in Football, Premier League ECAS or EHOC
• Coaching experience in a Category 1 academy
• A full clean driving license
• Completed Basic First Aid for Sport.
• Completed FA Safeguarding Children Workshop.