Kit & Equipment Assistant (FTC)
Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centered around building a platform for long-term success, which includes a new world-class stadium which opened in April 2019.
The Club operates out of multiple sites, including a world class Training Centre in Enfield where this position is based. This venue is the main location for the Club’s Communications department, as well as the centre for the first team and the Academy’s training and coaching activities.
The Club is seeking a Kit & Equipment Technician to join our kit, equipment, and laundry department to support the kit team with regards to the day-to-day operations and management of the Club’s formal wear attire for the men’s first team on a day to day and match day process. Due to the nature of the role, the individual will be required to work in and around close team environments and areas – such as the team hotel and dressing rooms. The candidate will also be required to assist with physical duties such as moving heavy duty rails and skips around the Training g Centre and hotels both domestically and internationally.
The working hours will be 35 hours per week, with some flexibly expected, which will be across Monday – Sunday on a Rota basis. This will involve unsocial working hours due to fixtures, seasonal holidays as well as bank holidays; attending national and international travel to some matches and courses is essential, so a flexible candidate is sought.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, gender, race, ethnic origin, religion /belief, or sexual orientation.
- Preparation and orgainsation of the Club’s formal wear clothing provided by the Club’s formal wear sponsor
- Delivering the clothing to hotels both domestically and overseas in advance of the first team and laying out the clothing in advance of the team’s arrival
- Organising with dry cleaners/external parties when suits need a clean/freshen up.
- Organising storage container to work for all parties involved, along with spares, footwear, suit carriers etc.
- Working with football administration ensuring opposition can accommodate multiple vehicles
- Understanding machines, products, steaming temperatures putting knowledge to practice in everyday preparation
- Maintaining stock control of all pieces of clothing
- All kit to be hung in individual suit carriers
- Ensure that clean kits are taken to designated areas as required.
- Vigilant on any issues with machines or clothing regarding health and safety.
- Supporting fixtures where required for both home and away fixtures (domestic & overseas)
- Security on any day-to-day issues & Operations team
- Dry cleaners and external contractors & partners
- Players/Coaches/backroom staff
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
- To always maintain professional conduct.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience within a kit or laundry department, operating in a similar role.
- Good understanding manual handling, safeguarding and COSH.
- Full UK driving license is essential due to the scope of the role
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to standard background and DBS checks.