Junior Video Producer
A vacancy is now available to apply for in the AFC Bournemouth media team.
Title: Junior Video Producer
Reports to: Head of Media & Communications
Location: Vitality Stadium
Contract: Permanent, full-time
About AFC Bournemouth
AFC Bournemouth is a family and community club. We strive to deliver a professional, friendly and welcoming approach in all areas of the club. With a small backroom operation, you will be joining a tight knit group who pride themselves on hard work, passion, and togetherness.
- Generate engaging, innovative, and industry-leading video content, aligned with overall club objectives.
- Work with key club stakeholders to deliver content for projects covering the football club and Community Sports Trust.
- Drive consistent growth through the club’s online video platform afcbTV, YouTube channel and social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Set a high standard whilst continuously measuring, developing, and further improving the club’s video output to ensure the club is one step ahead of its competitors.
- Work with key partners during significant club events such as kit launches, new player signings and manager appointments.
- Take on further responsibilities within the department when called upon and assist other departments with content.
- Be an ambassador of the club, providing excellent customer service at all times whilst portraying a professional image.
- Perform other duties as required, which are considered relevant to the post and to the objectives of the club.
- Attend first team fixtures, both home and away, and, where required, under-21, under-18 and women’s game.
- Build and maintain relationships with key football personnel across the business
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters, you follow and actively promote the club’s mental health policies and practices to ensure an open, non-judgmental, and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- As a member of staff to ensure that you to adhere to the club’s safeguarding policies and procedures and are committed to our safeguarding values, creating a safe and positive environment for all those who interact with the club.
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters you follow and actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- Matchday duties:
- Create engaging, innovative video content around all areas of matchday, both on and off the pitch, pre and post-match.
- Film from a static pitchside position during the match, having been a roaming camera in the dressing room and tunnel area before the match, collating exclusive club content.
- Edit content post-match including highlights packages, interviews, tunnel camera footage and exclusive club content.
- Previous experience of working at a football club (desirable).
- Willingness to contribute to the creative process in making sure the club’s video output celebrates its work across first team, academy, women’s team, commercial partnerships, community engagement and EDI strategy.
- An understanding of a variety of cameras, including but not limited to mini-cams, DSLRs, XDCams and Super 35mm.
- An ability to track, focus, zoom and adjust exposure of a fast moving live subject.
- Comfortable using NLE Software and being able to grade LOG footage.
- Experience of using the Adobe Creative suite.
- A basic understanding of lighting techniques and colour temperatures.
- A basic understanding of audio and how to produce good quality sound.
- Understanding of the range of stories that can be told from within a professional football club.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a range of key personnel across the club – from first team players to administrative staff.
- Passion for teamwork and willingness to cover for other team members at appropriate moments.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high pace, changeable environment.
- Positive mindset and willingness to be part of supportive team culture.
The club’s values are at the core of its staff behaviour and how they approach everything they do, therefore we are looking for someone is honest, inclusive, kind, hardworking and loyal.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a competitive reward package which will include, but is not limited to:
- Free onsite parking.
- Season ticket and allocation of complimentary/purchased tickets.
- Subsidised lunches and complimentary healthy snacks throughout the day.
- Discounts at the club Superstore.
- Contribution towards eye tests and glasses.
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses.
- Club pension & Life Assurance Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) by Health Assured.
- Paid parental leave (bank of five days per year).
- Christmas party, End of Season awards and other social events throughout the year run by our club social team.
- Paid volunteer opportunities (Two days per year).
- Paid day’s leave on your birthday.
How to apply
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women, and individuals from ethnically diverse communities.
For further information on accessibility within the stadium please contact us.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to protecting all children, young persons, and adults at risk in its care or attending its premises and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
For all positions where a DBS check is required, an offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure at the appropriate level.
Any and all potential agreements, relationships or commitments that could be considered a conflict of interest should be disclosed upon application to this vacancy by emailing email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also be asked whether you have any conflicts to disclose upon receipt of your application.
Satisfactory references will be required for all positions, your eligibility to work with the club will be subject to receiving appropriate referencing.
We strive to create a positive and safe environment and ensure all who interact with the club feel safe, protected, and heard.
AFC Bournemouth can exercise their right to perform external searches and to confirm information provided by candidates. It does not retain any data during this process.