Junior IT Helpdesk Engineer
We are recruiting for a Junior IT Helpdesk Engineer to join our team.
Title: Junior IT Helpdesk Engineer
Reports to: Head of IT
Location: Vitality Stadium
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
About AFC Bournemouth
AFC Bournemouth is a family and community club. We strive to deliver a professional, friendly and welcoming approach in all areas of the club. With a small backroom operation, you will be joining a tight knit group who pride themselves on hard work, passion and togetherness.
- Perform initial triage and manage service desk tickets.
- Providing primarily 1st line in-person and remote support to staff across multiple locations based out of our main stadium offices.
- Ownership of basic problems and escalation to senior team members.
- Basic administration of Active Directory, Office365 and other cloud-based services.
- Provide end user device management and deployment for moves, adds and changes for Windows, Mac and mobile devices.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve reported issues.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of documentation for all IT systems.
- Assist in supporting physical security via use of CCTV, Access Control and associated documentation.
- Assist with hardware and software asset management.
- Provide after-hours matchday onsite end user support.
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters, you follow and actively promote the club’s mental health policies and practices to ensure an open, non-judgmental and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- As a member of staff to ensure that you to adhere to the club’s safeguarding policies and procedures and are committed to our safeguarding values, creating a safe and positive environment for all those who interact with the club.
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters you follow and actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- Passionate and highly motivated to deliver great service and constantly improve their own skills and knowledge.
- Analytical, with strong decision-making skills who understands strategic implications.
- Able to work independently in a proactive manner.
- Logical, coherent and consistent in approach to solving day-to-day problems.
- Practical and task focused with strong attention for detail (starter/finisher).
- A creative thinker who applies solutions that benefit the club in an innovative way.
- Flexible in their approach, and is responsive, and actively contributes to change.
- A strong communicator who develops excellent customer relationships, understanding their needs, and maintaining a diplomatic and professional approach.
- Some experience working on an IT helpdesk is advantageous but enthusiasm and willingness to learn new skills and technologies are key.
- Good understanding of either Windows or Mac desktop operating systems.
- Clear communication skills both in person and over the phone.
- Excellent customer service skills with a team orientated approach.
The Club’s values are at the core of its staff behaviour and how they approach everything they do, therefore we are looking for someone is honest, inclusive, kind, hardworking and loyal.
In return for your hard work and commitment to us, you will receive a competitive reward package which will include, but is not limited to:
- Free onsite parking.
- Season ticket and allocation of complimentary/purchased tickets.
- Subsidised lunches and complimentary healthy snacks throughout the day.
- Discounts at the club Superstore.
- Contribution towards eye tests and glasses.
- Discounts and benefits from partners and local businesses.
- Club pension and Life Assurance Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) by Health Assured.
- Paid parental leave (bank of five days per year).
- Christmas Party and other social events throughout the year run by our club social team.
- Paid volunteer opportunities (two days per year).
- Paid day’s leave on your birthday.
How to Apply
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential. AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
We actively encourage applications from women, and individuals from ethnically diverse communities. For further information on accessibility within the stadium please contact us.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to protecting all children, young persons, and adults at risk in its care or attending its premises and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
For all positions where a DBS check is required, an offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure at the appropriate level.
Any and all potential agreements, relationships or commitments that could be considered a conflict of interest should be disclosed upon application to this vacancy by emailing email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also be asked whether you have any conflicts to disclose upon receipt of your application.
Satisfactory references will be required for all positions, your eligibility to work with the club will be subject to receiving appropriate referencing. We strive to create a positive and safe environment and ensure all who interact with the club feel safe, protected, and heard.
AFC Bournemouth can exercise their right to perform external searches and to confirm information provided by candidates. It does not retain any data during this process.