Interim General Manager – ROKO Health and Fitness Club
Portsmouth Football Club is looking for someone how can aid the smooth and efficient running of the Fitness club to ultimately provide a welcoming and professional customer experience.
This roles remit covers the management of the Fitness and Swimming teams in addition to the overarching operations management of the Health Club to promote first-class member service and a harmonious working environment.
During this 12 month fixed term contract, based at the ROKO Health and Fitness Club, you will branch the connection between the football club and community stakeholders to provide a high-performance environment for all. In this role, you would also be responsible for health and safety for all staff and members on-site by managing risk, facilities and procedures.
- To manage, monitor and ensure the operations team are following procedures in line with the SOPs standards
- Oversee the duty managers’ schedule rotas, training and communication
- Ensure policies, procedures and risk assessments are up-to-date and comply with current standards
- Review departmental performance and financial targets
- To increase and sustain membership levels
- Update and deliver training programs to ensure the best service is provided
- To review the weekly function revenue sales pipeline with the senior management team, creating marketing and in reach activities were required to drive business.
- Employee management such as rota co-ordination, payroll, performance and holiday and absenteeism
- To manage and evaluate the benefits of the services the club provides and proitise and delegate related tasks as needed
- To recruit, train, manage and motivate colleagues to ensure agreed service exceptional standards of customer care and service
- To ensure high standards of operational safety and risk management and upholding the Company’s Health, Safety and Fire policies and procedures
- NPLQ pool plant qualification
- Educated to NVQ 4 standard or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Excellent management skills in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Valid Safeguarding and Emergency Aid Certificates
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to resolve customer issues
- Highly competent administrator with senior level administrative skills
- Experience working in a similar role in a health club, gym or similar organisation
If this role sounds like a great fit for you, then please press the apply button.
The Executives in Sport Group are working on behalf of Portsmouth Football Club to appoint an Interim General Manager. All direct applications and CV's will be forwarded to The Executives in Sport Group.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.
We ask that applicants complete our diversity monitoring form. You are not obliged to answer any of these questions but the more information you supply, the more effective our monitoring will be. All information supplied is anonymous and will not be viewed by recruiting managers
(please copy and paste the link into your browser)