Health Project Officer
Do you want to work with local people and build relationships with our community to make a real difference?
Saints Foundation is the charity of Southampton Football Club - we're the club's way of giving back.
We use the power of the Club and our passionate team to help fulfil individual potential and make Southampton a better place to live for all. Through our Health pillar, we aim to ‘Support adults with health inequalities to stay healthy, active, and connected, encouraging them to lead fulfilled lives’.
Health Project Officer
Location: St Mary’s Stadium
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri with flexible start and finish times.
Contract Type: Permanent
Criminal Record Check: Enhanced with Child’s and Adult’s List
What will you be doing?
You’ll inspire staff and beneficiaries alike, creating opportunities to improve participants’ health outcomes and life choices, whilst delivering the expectations of the projects funding partners through effective monitoring and evaluation. You will provide support to the Health apprentices to ensure they are fully equipped to deliver their work, whilst ensuring delivery is of the highest standard.
You can get a feel for the role and see the impact that senior Saints has had on its participants in this video https://youtu.be/W8oQ2Vd2fdg
Specific responsibilities include:
- Delivering the project outcomes for Senior Saints to ensure 300 older adults’ across Southampton a year benefit from physical and social opportunities demonstrating progression measured against the project objectives.
- Supporting the Health Projects Coordinator to deliver a multitude of sessions, including Chair exercise, Circuits, community walks and walking sports, to benefit individuals aged 60+ which could be experiencing diverse range of health conditions
- Planning and developing engaging sessions, targeting participants within Senior Saints and where required other Health projects at Saints Foundation.
- Supporting the Health Projects Coordinator with the monitoring and evaluation of the Senior Saints project in accordance with the Saints Foundation’s Impact Strategy and the requirements of the funders of the project.
- Supporting the Health Projects coordinator by providing relevant data and session feedback to manage funding partner relationships with existing and future partners.
- Supporting project apprentices to develop in their role and enhance all element of senior Saints delivery
Is this you?
We encourage anyone who is interested in this role apply. We are very keen to get a diversity of background, culture, experiences and ideas into all areas of the club. This is a role that will offer development, mentoring and training to the successful candidates.
We’ve all had different experiences and backgrounds, but we share the same values and it’s these shared values that bring us together as Saints Foundation.
A flexible approach to working hours will be key to this role, sessions will be delivered at various daytime slots throughout the week.
- Experience of working within a health and wellbeing environment
- Knowledge of community engagement programmes, specifically tailored to the provision of Health and wellbeing.
- Level 2 REPs recognised health and fitness qualification.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with people from a range of backgrounds.
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
What we can do for you
Giving you the right balance in your life is important to us, and our benefits are designed to complement this – you’ll get 25 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays and a day off for your birthday, 2 free match tickets for every home league game, free breakfast and afternoon snacks on site, discounts at local shops and restaurants, an Employee Assistance Programme and mental health first aiders for when things get tough, to specialist support with professional development and access to a world of internal and external training courses and professional qualifications.
How can I apply?
To apply for the vacancy please click the ‘apply’ button below.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 28th September 2023.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*