Head of Technical & Player Development (ZED FC)
ZED FC is a football club based in Cairo, Egypt. The club was formed in November 2020 and the 1st team are currently vying for promotion to the Egyptian Premier League. ZED FC’s primary focus is on developing young players and providing a platform for them to showcase their talents and reach their full potential in a professional environment.
Aston Villa and ZED FC have formed a strategic partnership (alongside Vitoria Sport Clube) to work together to develop young talent. Villa and ZED FC aim to create new and positive opportunities for young footballers in Egypt and will assist in the technical and physical development of youth sector/academy players, coaching methods and scouting networks.
To further support the development of ZED FC’s young players, the partnership is appointing a Head of Performance, a Head of Coach Development, and a Head of Technical & Player Development. These roles will be based in Cairo and will work within ZED FC's youth sector to improve the quality of coaching, training, and player development.
1. The Role
To be responsible for the implementation, delivery and measurement of Aston Villa’s academy playing philosophy and technical programme at ZED FC in Cairo. To ensure the player development programmes meet the individual player’s needs.
Overall responsibility for the individual development of all ZED FC youth sector players with a specific focus on elite players in order to prepare them for future professional pathways.
It will be essential that the successful candidate is able to develop strong relationships with ZED FC staff of all levels, youth sector players and key Aston Villa academy staff.
2. The Person
- UEFA Professional Licence or UEFA A Licence
- FA Youth Advanced Award or international equivalent
- Proven Academy coaching experience
- Fluent written and spoken skills in English Language (Arabic – desirable)
- Experience of working across all 3 Development Phases in a Category 1 Academy or international equivalent
- Experience of devising, implementing and leading an Academy Playing Philosophy
- Experience and an ability to deliver a CPD programme for the Multi-Disciplinary Team to understand, deliver and support the Academy Playing Philosophy
- Experience of devising, implementing and delivering Position Specific and Individual Player Development programmes
- Experience of developing elite players who have played Premier League Football or elite level internationally.
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Dedicated to self-improvement and personal development.
- Available for flexible working hours
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
As part of your application, please ensure you upload your CV and Cover Letter.
For further information, the Role Profile and to apply please go to careers.avfc.co.uk/jobs
Right to Close Vacancy Posting Early
The Club reserves the right to close any advertised vacancies earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications have been received.