Head of Performance and Medicine
To create and sustain excellence in support services for the development and performance of individuals, groups and teams across the Club.
– Continually work towards the Club’s corporate strategic goals.
– Communicate and promote the Club culture to enhance an elite high-performance environment.
– Attend all professional development events.
– Actively engage in a personal development plan and integrated appraisal process.
– Provide effective leadership for the Performance and Medical team (people, finance and process) to support the strategic and tactical needs of the club.
– Creation of documentation to support the club performance plan and associated domain manuals.
– Strategic planning aligned to the overall club ambitions.
– Implement and evolve of the Performance and Medicine strategy.
– Delivery of practical elements within the performance and medical fields appropriate to experience.
– Contribute to the effective leadership of the Football Department as a member Football Management Team working with colleagues throughout the organisation to identify and deliver success on and off the pitch.
– Line management responsibility for lead roles of performance and medical staff as per the organisational structure.
– Operate an effective meeting schedule(s) for the domain to deliver strategic and tactical output.
– Provide informal and formal feedback within our appraisal process to create change and drive performance.
– Manage resources effectively and ensure expenditure is within the budget set.
– Ensure effective and appropriate management and monitoring of players at all ages.
– Improve the processes by which we measure individual and team performance to make more efficient, less biased and more scalable decisions.
– Shape the use of data and technology for the benefit of players development and/or performance and the interdisciplinary performance of staff.
– Deliver an effective onboarding process for players of all ages and all staff within the domain.
– Create partnerships and relationships building and sustaining strong and positive links with local stakeholders.
– Ensure operations and capability meets the requirement for a Category 1 Academy.
– Lead of the recruitment of full-time positions with the domain in liaised with Head of Human Resources.
The Executives in Sport Group are retained on behalf of Sunderland A.F.C to appoint a Head of Performance Medicine. All direct applications and CV's will be forwarded to The Executives in Sport Group.
We ask that applicants complete our diversity monitoring form. You are not obliged to answer any of these questions but the more information you supply, the more effective our monitoring will be. All information supplied is anonymous and will not be viewed by recruiting managers.
(please copy and paste the link into your browser)
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.