Head of Media & Marketing
The Head of Media & Marketing will create, implement, and review the Club’s media and marketing strategy, ensuring it is always completely aligned to the Clubs overall objectives. Working with Fleetwood Town and the wider group of clubs based in Ireland, Dubai, and South Africa, as well as alongside our global marketing team and International Academy.
You will be responsible for managing the content team in creating engaging content and campaigns across all the Club’s media platforms, including the club website and social media channels.
You will work closely with the Club’s key stakeholders (Head Coach / Technical Director / Chairman / CEO / Club Secretary) to fulfil media requests and to advise on media messaging and strategy.
You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the football press team. You will also oversee the department’s social media, matchday activity and proactively manage all media relations, including crisis management issues.
As well as on-pitch departments, you will also work closely with the Club’s off-the-pitch departments to maximise publicity and coverage for commercial areas where appropriate (retail / ticketing / commercial sponsors etc.).
You will also play a big part in bringing together the Global Network of clubs with Fleetwood Town has, acting as a key part of the worldwide central marketing team.
Main Responsibilities and Key Result Areas:
- Oversee and fully manage the media and marketing department to ensure all relevant communications strategies are delivered.
- Oversee and ensure the ongoing development of the Club’s social media strategy.
- Oversee the link between the network of global clubs in the Fleetwood Town Football Group.
- Work with various stakeholders in the group to ensure marketing needs of all are met.
- Act as a main contact for all crisis management – including but not limited to the writing of proactive and reactive club statements and to act as the club’s spokesperson on a range of matters.
- Contribute to the club’s internal communications strategy.
- Work in co-operation and fully support the Club’s marketing and commercial departments to ensure maximum exposure of all club-related products and also to support commercial sponsors and partners with media activity.
- Monitor social media stats, including player and staff tweets/posts – ensuring they are always appropriate and compliant with the relevant bodies.
- Oversee media operations and working with broadcasters on a match day.
- To work in-conjunction with the other Heads of Departments on fan engagement matters.
- Work on long-term strategies to build relationships with national, regional, and local media.
- Any other reasonable request made by the Senior Management Team.
- As a public representative of the Club to adopt high standards of professionalism, timekeeping, and appearance at all times.
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and cover letter to:
Any questions please contact our Recruitment Manager Jamie Sykes:
Fleetwood Town Football Club and Fleetwood Town Community Trust are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.
This information is available in different formats if required. Please contact Fleetwood Town Football Club directly on 01253 775080