Head of Matchday Hospitality Sales
An opportunity has become available for an individual to lead us forward as Head of Hospitality Sales
Burnley FC is an established professional football club with a rich history, located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
An opportunity has become available for an individual to lead us forward as Head of Matchday Hospitality Sales. Since the acquisition of the club by ALK Capital, we have continued to invest in our facilities to offer new and upgraded opportunities to engage with the club. In advance of the 2022/23 season we completed an overhaul of the Clearly Interiors Longside Lounge and Centenary Lounge creating a cosmopolitan space for approximately 300 covers on a matchday and a unique event space on non-matchdays. Our 8 executive boxes are now top of the range providing an intimate atmosphere for supporting the Clarets. We have increased opportunities at entry level hospitality, explored new off-site hospitality for games with highest demand and are on pace for record sales as we stand in the 2022/23 season. This is just the start of our ambition. On a matchday we cater for over 1,000 clients and we intend to increase the number and variety of our offerings. We also run a robust non-matchday business that continues to grow and evolve.
The Head of Matchday Hospitality Sales will be accountable for driving revenue for matchday events. This will involve the management of a small but committed sales team, accountability for an end-to-end sales process and an integral role in the continued innovation in the type of product/service offering we provide.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Recruit, manage and develop a team of hospitality sales staff.
- Work closely with other departments (e.g. media & marketing) to drive inbound enquiries.
- Innovate around the design and execution of new products and services to take to market.
- Manage annual sales process for season renewals and in-season to drive new and renewal clients.
- Develop relationships with corporate clients to offer and sell a broad spectrum of products.
- Identify relationships with 3rd party providers to drive international sales via match package weekends.
- Attend sector and trade shows on behalf of Burnley FC to drive increased interest.
- Lead on reporting of hospitality sales vs. financial and non-financial KPIs.
- Ensure a keen focus on driving high yield via minimising discounting where possible.
- Maintain a key eye on the market to identify and interpret hospitality trends.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will be:
- An exceptional leader and/or have leadership potential.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Analytical and numbers focused.
- Creative in identifying and executing against solutions.
The ideal candidate will have extensive sales experience and it is absolutely not necessary to have experience of working within football and/or sport.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.