Head of Coach Development (ZED FC)
ZED FC is a football club based in Cairo, Egypt. The club was formed in November 2020 and the 1st team are currently vying for promotion to the Egyptian Premier League. ZED FC’s primary focus is on developing young players and providing a platform for them to showcase their talents and reach their full potential in a professional environment.
Aston Villa and ZED FC have formed a strategic partnership (alongside Vitoria Sport Clube) to work together to develop young talent. Villa and ZED FC aim to create new and positive opportunities for young footballers in Egypt and will assist in the technical and physical development of youth sector/academy players, coaching methods and scouting networks.
To further support the development of ZED FC’s young players, the partnership is appointing a Head of Performance, a Head of Coach Development, and a Head of Technical & Player Development. These roles will be based in Cairo and will work within ZED FC's youth sector to improve the quality of coaching, training, and player development.
1. The Role
The role will be responsible for the development of all ZED FC youth sector coaches in Cairo to enhance the development of ZED FC’s youth sector players.
The successful candidate will develop coaches so that they improve and perform to the best of their potential and maximise the potential of the players that they work with.
Working closely with Aston Villa Academy’s Head of Coach Development and ZED FC’s Head of Youth, the role will develop the ZED FC youth sector coaching philosophy, playing philosophy and coaching programme.
It will be essential that the successful candidate is able to develop strong relationships with ZED FC staff of all levels, youth sector players and key Aston Villa academy staff.
2. The Person
- UEFA Professional Licence or UEFA A Licence
- FA Youth Advanced Award or international equivalent
- Fluent written and spoken skills in English Language (Arabic – desirable)
- FA Tutor for UEFA A Licence & FA Youth Advanced Award (desirable)
- Proven experience working as a Coach Developer in the professional academy system
- Experience of working as a Head of Coach Development in a Category 1 Academy (desirable)
- Experience of establishing and running a Coach Development programme which aligns to an Academy Playing and Coaching Philosophy (desirable)
- Experience of leading and facilitating a CPD programme which meets the needs of individual coaches and supports the player development programme (desirable)
As part of your application, please ensure you upload your CV and Cover Letter.
For further information, the Role Profile and to apply please go to careers.avfc.co.uk/jobs
Right to Close Vacancy Posting Early
The Club reserves the right to close any advertised vacancies earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications have been received.