Head of Business Development
Location: St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton (with up to 40% home working)
Hours: Full time, core hours 10:00-16:00 Mon-Fri with flexible start and finish times.
Contract Type: Permanent
Criminal Record Check: Basic check
Your next role
We have an exciting opportunity to lead Southampton Football Club’s business development. The role will be responsible for delivering the Regional B2B Strategy within the Club’s heartland, connecting all corners of the Business community through a dynamic and innovative range of products.
This role will focus on:
To lead the sales & delivery of a new & innovative B2B product, embedding the Southampton Way and market differentials ensuring a high-quality customer experience and EBITDA success.
To develop the existing model to continue commercial growth whilst optimising the opportunities to develop new products, assets and pipeline of new partnerships.
To create internal value through connecting & developing relationships with key Departments to ensure the Regional B2B Strategy delivers shared value to multiple revenue streams.
To support the international & regional football strategy, connecting good practice and developing primary & secondary revenue opportunities.
To inspire, advise, develop and coach team members. You’ll be embedding the Club’s values within the team demonstrating these in all interactions.
Is this you?
Essential skills & Experience:
- Proven track record of B2B Sales experience
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask
- A strategic and creative mind
- Strong leadership qualities to lead a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid IT skills and knowledge of necessary software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other statistical analysis software
- The ability to motivate yourself and others
- A solid understanding of business and marketing principles
- Relevant Degree, or equivalent experience
How this benefits you…
If you are successful, you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
- 27 days’ holiday per year (excluding bank holiday) and birthday day off.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
There is also the option for flexible home-working a few days a week to ensure you get the balance you need to get the job done.
How can I apply?
Just click on the link below, enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire, then attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10 October.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*