At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets us apart from the competition.
Our people are as committed to the success of the company as the players are to winning trophies. We offer a unique and exciting working environment, excellent training, with recognition and rewards for the part each individual plays. Sounding good so far?
We are looking for new members to join our Groundstaff team based here at Old Trafford to provide an all-round supporting role that assists with the smooth running of Group Property Services.
- To carry out general duties in and around the stadium.
- To assist with the preparation of the stadium for match days and other special events.
- To provide general labouring support/assistance to other departments within Manchester United.
- To carry out commercial cleaning duties on a regular basis using industrial cleaning equipment.
- To work effectively within your team and actively support as necessary, this includes supporting colleagues who work in Exec cleaning and match day casual staff.
- Carry out Driving duties with the company vans/Road sweepers
- To comply with the companies’ health and safety and environmental policies in particular COSHH and manual handling/security in particular loss prevention and key holder procedures.
- Some experience in cleaning Industrial premises using Commercial machinery (however training is available)
- Previous ground staff experience in a similar environment is desirable.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Customer focused with experience gained in a customer facing environment.
- Fast, hands on learning style.
- Ability to multi-task and make quick decisions for short notice changes.
- Proven track record of working well in a team.
- Working knowledge of COSHH and Manual Handling.
- Successfully completed NVQ Level 1&2 IN Building Cleaning or willing to undergo training.
- Hold a current valid UK Driving Licence or be willing to learn to drive.
If you would like to join the team and be part of our mission, to win the United way, please submit your application by 11/11/2022
Manchester United endeavour to respond to all job application, however, please consider that we receive a high volume of applications, and this may not always possible.
We recognise the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk at Manchester United, As part of this commitment this post is required to have a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level, as well as full reference history.
Manchester United is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to background, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or other legally protected characteristics.
Manchester United is committed to working with and providing reasonable adjustments for applicants and employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application and perform at your best, please do not hesitate to contact us to make a request; we are here to help.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to you before applying for any of our roles.