GM of Hospitality and Events Delivery
At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets us apart from the competition.
Our people are as committed to the success of the company as the players are to winning trophies. We offer a unique and exciting working environment, excellent training, with recognition and rewards for the part each individual plays. Sounding good so far?
Leading the daily operations of Manchester United service functions, including Catering, Events, Museum & Tour, clearly defining, assigning, and delegating responsibility and authority for the operation of the various departments.
- Driving the strategy, innovation, and new ways of working to lead and develop the wider operational delivery team
- Responsible for creating a fan centric strategy, that continuously provides world class service, through developing high performing teams.
- Promoting and embedding best practice service delivery, driving continuous improvements in all service delivery areas, and ensuring that the Club is aligned to the latest market trends across all aspects of customer experience.
- Continuously assessing and reviewing the service delivery model against emerging demands and customer expectations, and explore, evaluate, and propose solutions that address changes in need.
- Lead the effective monitoring of supplier service delivery for adherence to technical, performance and contractual specifications, and ensure that any deviations, risks, and issues are resolved in a timely manner to minimise service disruption.
- Ensuring continuity of world class service for the Club, through effective forward planning and management of known events and responses to priority incidents or issues.
- Providing strategic planning and goal setting to achieve constant improvements in guest service, product quality, financial performance and employee growth and development.
- Supporting and deputising for the Operations Director and attending appropriate meetings and compiling and issuing reports as requested.
- Ensuring the strict control of GP’s, wages, wastage, and stock control across the business and that all purchases are made within policy and budget.
- Ensuring the monitoring and evaluation of supplier performance and quality.
- Managing the development, implementation, and maintenance of quality service standards and that all catering services exceed customer expectations.
- Actively develop and maintain good working relationships with key internal customers, resolving any problems and complaints as quickly as possible.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders at all levels including Carrington Training Complex and actively build strong relationships to ensure communication is maintained and customer expectations met.
- Actively promote an excellent working environment, effectively motivating, developing, and empowering all team members.
- Maintaining effective communication channels between staff and management to promote a high performing culture and environment.
- Ensuring high standards of performance from catering management and delivery of the company objectives undertaking regular performance reviews and the annual reviews.
- Establishing and monitoring the supply of casual workers, to meet Club demands and deliver excellent service levels.
- Facilitate the induction and training for the casual workforce, enabling a high performing and engaged workforce.
- Proven track record in leading a large-scale hospitality/catering industry function.
- Excellent understanding of the requirements of leading multi discipline teams
- Proven experience of designing and implementing fan/customer centric strategies in a large operational environment
- Commercially astute, to manage and negotiate contracts with third party suppliers. With budgetary responsibility for high value 3rd party contract agreements.
- Solid experience in extensive event planning and execution.
- Strong regulatory and operational background
- Ability to perform under pressure in a large operational environment.
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Strong appetite for innovation, an individual who builds & uses external networks to challenge thinking
- A hands-on approach with the ability to effectively manage a wide range of issues.
If you would like to join the team and be part of our mission, to win the United way, please submit your application by Wednesday 29th March 2023
Manchester United endeavour to respond to all job applications, however, please consider that we receive a high volume of applications, and this may not always possible.
We recognise the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk at Manchester United, as part of this commitment this post is required to have a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level, as well as full reference history.
Manchester United is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to background, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or other legally protected characteristics.
Manchester United Football Club are proud to be a signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant, supporting the armed forces community to transition into careers outside of the armed forces.
Manchester United is committed to working with and providing reasonable adjustments for applicants and employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application and perform at your best, please do not hesitate to contact us to make a request; we are here to help.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to you before applying for any of our roles. Your personal data will be processed on MU’s behalf by Morson.